USAA transaction downloads pending transactions [edited]

Chris_QPW
Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
We received three transactions today that should have been deposits into our USAA checking account.  Instead they are coming down as payments.

USAA needs to be contacted to let them know that the signs on the OFX data they are sending are wrong.
Signature:
This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Comments

• rechis
    rechis Member ✭✭✭
    I have successfully connected my accounts using the USAA-new and the access code and pin. However, when Quicken downloaded the transactions, it interpreted a direct deposit paycheck deposit (positive) as a payment (negative). Any thoughts?
  • System
    System Member admin
    This discussion was created from comments split from: USAA - "New" USAA Bank Option Does Not Show Up.
  • I have seen reversed credit/debit in both bank account and credit card transactions.
  • J.E.D.
    J.E.D. Member ✭✭
    I conquered the whole OL-22A error issue but this morning when downloading I had all of my deposits show as withdrawals. Anyone else having this issue or solving this issue?
  • I just finished the re-connect with USAA and yes same issue, they show correct on the USAA website, but when downloaded to quicken deposits show as withdrawals.
  • J.E.D.
    J.E.D. Member ✭✭
    Glad to know I am not the only one! I guess we will see what happens the next time I download. The other problem is that I couldn't reconcile the account because of the mismatch.
  • OldQknGuy
    OldQknGuy Member ✭✭
    I've seen deposits as withdrawals as well since moving to USAA-New, including items that were previously downloaded as withdrawals that are now showing as new credit transactions.
  • G Willey
    G Willey Member
    Same here. All everything is showing up as a Debit
  • Tregre
    Tregre Member ✭✭
    edited January 2021
    All the recurring DEPOSITS to my USAA accounts are being transferred in as PAYMENTS!
    [Removed-Off-Topic/Rant]
  • James Blunt
    James Blunt Member ✭✭
    Did my daily one step update this morning, and three recurring monthly deposits were shown as payments when updated. I couldn't accept them, so I deleted them and tried to manually clear or reconcile them. If I do that, I can't reconcile the account because the online balance in Quicken doesn't agree with the USAA online balance.
  • OldQknGuy
    OldQknGuy Member ✭✭
    Same here. Not everything is switched debit-to-credit and vice versa, but deposits are showing up as charges. I did have one charge that downloaded as a charge.
  • Same issue here. Thank you for posting.
  • mfb123
    mfb123 Member ✭✭
    Agree, having same issue with deposits showing up as payments
  • Rich Q
    Rich Q Member ✭✭
    Same.
  • ChrisHolzapfel
    ChrisHolzapfel Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    ditto!!! [Remove-Language] also, now the memo line is filled with downloaded info, and frankly looks horrible
  • rechis
    rechis Member ✭✭✭
    Downloaded transactions worked today. Payments are payments and deposits are deposits. Had to delete the incorrectly downloaded transactions from yesterday.
  • ChrisHolzapfel
    ChrisHolzapfel Member ✭✭✭
    > @rechis said:
    > Downloaded transactions worked today. Payments are payments and deposits are deposits. Had to delete the incorrectly downloaded transactions from yesterday.

really? I just downloaded right before I posted this morning and it was still reversed. I can't get through to tech support at USAA. Has anyone talked to a USAA rep who knew what they were talking about?
  • I followed all the instructions to upgrade the download for my USAA Federal Savings Bank - new accounts. Three deposits downloaded as payments, one with a date of 1/39/2021. It must be extraordinarily difficult to keep up with all the changes of various institutions! Little more work needed here.
  • coastiejon
    coastiejon Member ✭✭
    I found my deposits showed up as withdrawls also using the new method of logging into USAA. I just deleted the minus sign.
  • isonclubikin
    isonclubikin Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Same problem here. Two normal monthly deposits (that USAA, itself, show as deposits) are hitting Quicken via One Step Update as Payments. Also, one actual Payment showed up as a Payment but isn't matching its register transaction (I think that might just be an issue with re-downloaded transactions during the "dance").

I did the "new USAA login" dance yesterday without problem. Quicken also updated at about the same time.
  • G Willey
    G Willey Member
    I just reinstalled everything within the last five minutes, did the USAA-NEW fix, and it is still messed up badly. Deposits are showing as debits, can't reconcile. Whatever code is jacked up is really playing havoc with USAA.

I did all the process of deactivating my account as well. I don't know what else to do.
  • rechis
    rechis Member ✭✭✭
    I may have spoken too soon. On another file the USAA-new downloaded transaction from a checking account showed a direct deposit as a payment again. However, a payment showed up correctly. Charges and Payments showed up correctly on the credit cards, too. Will report the problem again.
  • Hello All,
    We are looking into these issues with the USAA changes.  If you haven't already, can you please submit your log files through Help > Report a problem in Quicken?  Please use "USAA" in the subject.

Also, can anyone confirm: if you are using the Mobile or Web Companion apps, are you seeing this same "switch" issue there as well?

Thank you for your help--

Quicken Kathryn
    Community Administrator
  • TrentN
    TrentN Member ✭✭
    When I updated my accounts yesterday a deposit came in as a payment and the couple payments came in correct. Today when I updated my accounts all the transactions from yesterday came in again, but as transfers.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    OK more information on this problem.

Yesterday when I got the three transactions that were suppose to be deposit, but were instead downloaded as deposits, I went to the USAA app and found that these were pending transactions.  They shouldn't have been downloaded at that time.  And of course they were downloaded with the wrong sign.

I had feeling about this when I saw that, and sure enough, today now that they aren't pending they were downloaded again with different unique Ids, and this time they were deposits like they should be (EDIT 3: mostly they probably shouldn't have the transaction type of transfer).

And as others have noted the transaction type is wrong for today's transaction. It is set as a transfer.

So here is an example (I hid the company name) of what this transaction (direct deposit of a paycheck) was before USAA changed things:
                        <STMTTRN>
                            <TRNTYPE>DIRECTDEP
                            <DTPOSTED>20210114120000
                            <TRNAMT>183.24
                            <FITID>202101140000001
                            <NAME>*********** RETAIL DIRECT DEP ****
                        </STMTTRN>

Here is an example of one of the "pending" transactions (notice both the negative sign and the fact that "DIRECT DEP" is missing from the payee name):
                        <STMTTRN>
                            <TRNTYPE>CHECK
                            <DTPOSTED>20210128120000.000[-5:EST]
                            <TRNAMT>-187.52
                            <FITID>202101280095001
                            <NAME>******  RETAIL
                        </STMTTRN>
    And here is how the same transaction came in today:
                        <STMTTRN>
                            <TRNTYPE>XFER
                            <DTPOSTED>20210128120000.000[-5:EST]
                            <TRNAMT>187.52
                            <FITID>202101280000003
                            <NAME>************ RETAIL DIRECT DEP ****
                            <MEMO>*********** RETAIL DIRECT DEP ***********4BJE
                        </STMTTRN>

It looks like USAA has some work to do!

I will submit my log files right after this post.  I want to reference this post in the problem report.

EDIT 4:
    A post below reminded me about the online balance.  Yesterday's online balance didn't include the "pending transactions", which is correct.

Today when the transactions were downloaded the online balance was updated properly for the new transactions that were posted, which is also correct.

Bottom line is, that USAA shouldn't be including the "pending transactions" and the downloaded transactions should be of a proper transaction type other than XFER.

EDIT: I'm not using Quicken Mobile/Web.

EDIT2:

Also, can anyone confirm: if you are using the Mobile or Web Companion apps, are you seeing this same "switch" issue there as well?

Thank you for your help--

Kathryn I tried to test in a different data file for the Mobile/Web because people were reporting that being messed up.  I was able to add my USAA accounts (checking and savings) to the Desktop data file, but when I went to sync it, it failed, and refused to do the sync.  So that is completely messed up at this point.
    Signature:
  • rrbeck01
    rrbeck01 Member ✭✭
    I have also had the deposits recorded as payments....but agree with a previous post that perhaps they were pending transactions that should not have been downloaded. One deposit (recorded as a payment yesterday) re-downloaded today correctly as a deposit. But two other transactions that should have recorded as deposits today showed up as payments. The Quicken "online" total corresponds to the USAA total up to the two transactions that are likely pending (but are recorded as payments). To be more clear - the transaction subtotal up to the most recently downloaded deposit in the deposit column matches the USAA online total. The quicken total shows the debit of the two other transactions that were recorded as debits vice deposits (probably pending tranactions).
  • dalehawaii
    dalehawaii Member ✭✭✭✭
    Beyond the OL-220-A error and after fixing my accounts accordingly yesterday, I encountered the reversed and pending items as @Chris_QPW had described. Yesterday, I attempted to tell USAA by chat about the reversed items issue, but the chat person told me to call USAA to report the issue yesterday. I made the call and after waiting 35 minutes, I informed USAA about the issue, so someone is aware. This morning I did a one-step update (transaction download), it worked fine with the deposits and payments as they should be.

Here's a helpful hint: To avoid the issues about trying to remove the reversed transactions that were already recorded, I save a backup of my last clean file such as after a successful transaction download, so if I encounter a really bizarre behavior, I can restore from the last "clean" backup from the day before (such as the OL-220-A & reversed entries errors) and then run the download.

However, I just tried to run another one-step update (for my other accounts) and now I'm getting an OL-294-A error (for USAA). Tried to reset/deactivate using a test account for giggles, but it appears the system is down. At this point, I'm going to take a break and wait 24 hours to see if this gets resolved (and restore my last clean file before the error and perform an update). ;)
    Quicken user since 1996
    Quicken Home & Business Subscription
  • isonclubikin
    isonclubikin Member ✭✭✭✭
    I'm now getting OL-301-A errors on all our USAA accounts. And, after seeing another thread here, all our credit card numbers in the Account Details > General tab for those credit cards are wrong.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I'm now getting OL-301-A errors on all our USAA accounts. And, after seeing another thread here, all our credit card numbers in the Account Details > General tab for those credit cards are wrong.
    Yes that is what I'm getting now and in my opinion that is exactly the kind of error I expected at this point.

Clearly the new system USAA has put in place has lots of problems, and they know about it.  And to me the above error means that they have shut things down to work on them.
    Signature:
  • dalehawaii
    dalehawaii Member ✭✭✭✭
    This is still an ongoing issue as of February 2 (morning). Just did a(n) OSU a few minutes ago, and the USAA downloaded transactions are reversed (deposits are listed as payments). Of note, these transactions appear to be pending (and haven't fully cleared). Someone needs to program the code to ignore the pending transactions and not pass them through during a direct connect session. Fortunately, I did a backup before I ran a download, so I'll revert to the previous version and wait until tomorrow to do an update.
    Quicken user since 1996
    Quicken Home & Business Subscription
This discussion has been closed.