HSA in Fidelity- Balance Discrepancy

This discussion was created from comments split from: 401k Quotes will not update.

Comments

• I have the same issue but have not figured it out. My balances are way off. I have 3 retirement accounts and an HSA in fidelity. I can see them all online but they don't match in Quicken, at all.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @newb_fitty_year_old

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your experience and feedback with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

We'll need a bit more information to be able to assist.

Please take a moment to review the information available here and post back to let us know what version and release of Quicken you are using. 

Since you are dealing with a discrepancy, how large is this discrepancy? Are you able to see anything that could be the cause of this?

It may help to capture a screenshot of the issue so we can better assist in locating the issue.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Quicken Home Business & Rental Property. I just got it in the past 2-3 months, so I assume newest version.

Windows 10 Home version 2004

There is a large discrepency totalling around $210,000 between the 3 accounts. I am only seeing 'cash balance' so I am wondering if the mutual funds or whatever retirement product was purchased by the retirement accounts is not showing up.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What transactions do you show in your HSA?  Because it sounds like the cash from your paycheck was transferred into the HSA ... but no BUY of the securities was ever recorded.
    SO, you'd be missing all  of the appreciation in the value of those securities.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• the HSA looks correct. It has only about $100 in it and is dormant due to my company changing befits . the other 3 retirement accounts don't show any securities or value of those securities. they just have 'cash' listed and an amount, which is very low compared to the value of those different accounts. I am guessing the cash amount is due to entry and exit of those positions by the administrator.

I guess I don't understand why the securities don't show up ?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Thank you for the response and the additional details. May I ask that you navigate to one of these investments and accounts on the left-hand side?

In the register, do you see any transactions listed such as "Buy" or "Add Shares" that would add the shares to the account?

If you do see these types of transactions, it's possible that the account contains placeholders. I would take a moment to review the steps and information available here. To learn more about placeholder entries.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Nope. There is no register really. There are 4 panels in the view. Top left says "cash" and no other securities listed. Top right is a circle graph (100% cash). Bottom left is Top Movers and "no changed security prices today". Bottom right is a bar graph of my value (equal to the 'cash' amount).

For my LPL accounts I have to download the transactions because it doesn't talk to quicken I think. That one has buys and sells of different securities. I see a register.

For my Schwab accounts I have the 4 panels and it has a list of securities in them, and it correlates with my online view thru schwab.

Only in the fidelity accounts only the cash shows up and none of the securities. On the fidelity website I can see everything.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Thank you for the response and the additional details. I would first recommend saving a backup.

I would then navigate to one of the brokerage accounts in question, just choose one of them. Then right-click and Edit/ Delete account.

Then under the General tab, change the Tracking Method to "Complete- Positions and Transactions."

If this appears to correct the view, I would then change the remaining accounts as well.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.