Unable to set up WellsFargo Advisors

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Wells Fargo Advisors.

Comments

• PMB_0295
    PMB_0295 Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same issue setting up Wells Fargo Advisors accounts online in Quicken Premiere 2020 (subscription). The message is "Oops. We're having a problem...unable to connect to the Quicken servers...do not contact Wells Fargo...try again later."

This has been going on for days.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @PMB_0295

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I'm wondering if it may not be letting you in because we're not using direct connect. Could you try adding the account again through the Wells Fargo Advisors connection then selecting advanced options instead of next > Complete investing > Direct connect. From there you should be able to try signing in again. This should be a different connection method than the one you tried with previously that should hopefully let us through instead.

Please let us know if this helps resolve the issue for you.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• PMB_0295
    PMB_0295 Member ✭✭
    OK thanks for the response. I tried your instructions and got the error message:
    "Quicken is having trouble...Message from Wells Fargo Advisors: log into https:.../fmssetup to start the FMS setup process."
  • Quicken Francisco
    @PMB_0295

Thanks for the update! I wasn't sure if advisors also required it but it is something that you need to do on WellsFargo's side to allow access to their servers. You can sign in by following the page they've sent or I'll also link it as well. www.wellsfargo.com/fmssetup.
    Once you've signed in try following the steps I posted again above or if you still have it open try connecting again. 

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • alanneibauer
    alanneibauer Member ✭✭
    Tried that as well. Received errors. Unable to access WFA for months now.
  • PMB_0295
    PMB_0295 Member ✭✭
    Reporting back. Followed the instructions at www.wellsfargo.com/fmssetup and setting up the accounts online worked like a champ. All good to go now.

Thanks for the help and good luck to those having the same issue!
  • Quicken Francisco
    @PMB_0295

Good to hear you were able to get it working! If you do run into any other issues please let us know and we'll take another look!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • Quicken Francisco
    @alanneibauer

Thanks for letting us know. In your case it would be best to try contacting Wells Fargo Advisors as they're the ones with access to the server to figure out exactly why you're not able to sign in through Quicken. Given the length of time as well it sounds like there might be something blocking you from connecting as well. I'll leave Wells Fargo Advisors support link down below so you can find a time that works best. 

https://www.wellsfargoadvisors.com/contact.htm

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • rkfoster7
    rkfoster7 Member ✭✭
    Since I updated and reset my Wells Fargo account, I have not been able to re-setup my Wells Fargo Advisors account download. I have used tho new ID and password, and keep getting "Sorry . We encountered an error. (it's not your fault.)
    "Quicken is having trouble connecting with wells Fargo Advisors"

try Again
    Same error mesage
    No cc-xxx
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @rkfoster7

Thank you for the response and for providing more details.

An "It's not your fault" error will require a contact to support for a review of the log files and possible escalation to resolve.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

When contacting support, be sure to let me know how long you have been receiving this error.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • alanneibauer
    alanneibauer Member ✭✭
    Starting working, and now able to download transactions. Go figure....
This discussion has been closed.