Re: ONGOING 11/27/20 PNC Returns CC-502/102 Error

2»

Answers

• Ralph4415
    Ralph4415 Member
    edited December 2020
    > @ericpadua said:
    > and Why are we not allowed to comment on the original thread? Are you trying to hide this?

PNC closed the original thread when a few folks' comments got too nasty for them. Apparently they're sensitive to criticism. (I fear that even this message may get them upset again!) But this really has gotten ridiculous as the problem has dragged on for two months and I don't believe Quicken has even provided an update since late November. Yep, it sure would be nice to have it working for end-of-year reconcilliation, etc. [removed - no soliciting]
  • ccallas
    ccallas Member
    Hadn't succeeded since October from PNC credit card account. Just tried the suggestion to reset the account in the account settings dialog, and it loaded transactions. Need to check that it's complete, but at least no error.
  • rgumpertz
    rgumpertz Member ✭✭✭✭
    For those still having problems: Have you tried registering a mobile number on their website?  That fixed the problem for me (and a number of others).
  • Jay Gourley
    Jay Gourley Member ✭✭✭
    I've never had anything but a mobile number registered on the web site. Quicken relays a request for a security code on the mobile number. There's no error message saying the code was wrong. Just anther message that says try again later.
  • Mike Wilson
    Mike Wilson Member ✭✭
    Getting PNC cc-508 error
    Cannot add account, or activate existing account.
  • Koby842
    Koby842 Member ✭✭
    Hadn't succeeded since October from PNC credit card account. Just tried the suggestion to reset the account in the account settings dialog, and it loaded transactions. Need to check that it's complete, but at least no error.
  • SanMarMor
    SanMarMor Member ✭✭
    This is a real PITA, it's been going on for months. What is the holdup to getting this resolved?
  • deltamike
    deltamike Member ✭✭
    Log in to the PNC website and add a mobile number. Then, instead of getting the CC-508, you will get a prompt asking what phone number to send a one-time passcode to (your mobile number), then you enter it and you're back in business.

I haven't been able to download transactions from PNC for several months, waiting for Quicken to resolve the "ongoing" thread, since they said they were "actively" working it. Finally got tired of it again and did another search here. Unbelievable that someone else on their own just picked up the phone with PNC and found this solution themselves in 2 minutes, while the rest of us wait for months like idiots for Quicken to follow through. Between PNC's site and Quicken's useless CC-508 error there was no obvious indication of what was wrong - when I tried reactivating Quicken downloads from PNC's site it kept telling me I was already set up.
  • rdclawn
    rdclawn Member ✭✭✭
    I reset my account a few weeks ago. Now I can load PNC account transactions successfully. However, I still get the 502 error. IMO. either PNC or quicken has some work to do. It should not take this long. Disappointing.
  • eclark
    eclark Member ✭✭
    Yes, I reset my account and loaded transactions. I redid the account summary and did not get an error!! Yay! To find reset I went to the settings gear and selected Edit Account Details/Online Services.
  • This problem had resolved for me, now it's back for the past several weeks. When can we expect a resolution????
  • Wross
    Wross Member
    Are there any Quicken people on this thread? This really needs to be fixed. And no, I don't want some MS-Dos workaround. I want the software to interact with PNC correctly. An update at least would be helpful.
  • rdclawn
    rdclawn Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    I sent my log file to Quicken as requested by Quicken. No response. My PNC file downloads correctly but I still get what appears to a false 502 error. FIx this now.
  • rdclawn
    rdclawn Member ✭✭✭
    > @rdclawn said:
    > I sent my log file to Quicken as requested by Quicken. No response. My PNC file downloads correctly but I still get what appears to a false 502 error. FIx this now.

Has this problem ever been fixed?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @rdclawn

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your issue, however, this is an older post and is less likely to get an answer.

I suggest creating a new post for better visibility.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7849429/how-to-add-a-post-to-the-community

Be sure to include a description of the issue, along with any error messages, as well as the version/release of Quicken that you're using.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.