Scanner does not communicate error

Options
DonJames
DonJames Member ✭✭
I have been using Quicken for over a decade, most recently with an Epson Workforce 645 for about the last 4 years with no problem...until I upgraded to Quicken 2020 Premiere. Now when I scan a statement into checking it may work just fine or it may give me the attached error message. If I close and restart Quicken it will scan perfectly for a time and will suddenly give me the communications error again requiring a restart to clear it and everything will again work fine for a while. Quicken updates are current as are the Epson drivers. Any ideas?
Thanks

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @DonJames

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I'm wondering here even though it's not a printer if we might be able to reset the printer settings to see if we're able to clear up this error. In the top right select file > file operations > validate and repair > reset all Quicken Printer settings.

This is a good step to try since they're in a similar realm of product. Once you've done this try adding seeing if you're able to get the scan consistently. Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @DonJames

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I'm wondering here even though it's not a printer if we might be able to reset the printer settings to see if we're able to clear up this error. In the top right select file > file operations > validate and repair > reset all Quicken Printer settings.

This is a good step to try since they're in a similar realm of product. Once you've done this try adding seeing if you're able to get the scan consistently. Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• DonJames
    DonJames Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, I will perform the repair and then give it 10 days or so to see if it appears solved and then let you know.
    dj
  • Quicken Francisco
    Options
    @DonJames

Thank you for letting us know. If you do run into the issue in those days please let us know as soon as you can so we can see what we're able to try next. 

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • DonJames
    DonJames Member ✭✭
    Options
    Followed your instructions and have used the scanner problem free for about a half dozen times with no issues, so I think that you nailed the problem.

Thanks!
    dj
  • Quicken Francisco
    Options
    @DonJames

Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear that it's been working for you! If you run into any other issues feel free to respond on an existing post or make your own.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.