Email Address Not Updated

I recently changed my primary email address. I updated my Quicken ID to reflect the new email address. My Quicken for Desktop now reflects the new email address for "Quicken ID", but my old email address for "email address". In trying to resolve connection issues to USAA over the past couple of days, I received an "Email Address Validation" email from Quicken to my old email address. How do I get the email address updated to match the Quicken ID?

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Are you saying these two don't match?

If so the two things I would try is signing out on that same dialog, and then back in.
    If that doesn't work try going to https://www.quicken.com/ sign in to your account there, and see if the email address is correct there.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • That's correct. They don't match. The email address on quicken.com is correct; it matches the QuickenID. The only thing that doesn't match is the Email address in the profile screen. It didn't update. Any other ideas?
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Steve Gilbert

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. If you haven't already I would try to sign out/in from the program so that it's able to pull your new email if you haven't done so already. I'll leave steps down below.

1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password (this screen is not a pop-up box)

Once you've done this it should have you sign in with the new email address. Let us know if you're able to get it changed.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• SMP
    SMP Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue and the above does not resolve it.
    Therefore I am receiving some emails from Quicken at an old email address that I do not use anymore.
    Any other ideas?
    Thanks
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @SMP

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue. What kind of emails are these? Are these notifications from the Quicken Community?

The more information you can provide the better able to assist the Community will be.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • SMP
    SMP Member ✭✭
    Hello @Quicken_Tyka
    There are emails from "The Quicken Team" about my membership like time to renew my plan, etc., or worse, about verifying my email! They are valid emails but not going to where I need them to go. There are not notifications from Quicken community -these come to where I want them to come. It is not a big deal but nevertheless a bug that could result in missing out important info about my account.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @SMP

Thank you for the response and for confirming these are Quicken communications. Is the issue that the email addressed with the Quicken account has changed?

Have you visited https://www.quicken.com/ to update the email associated with your account?  Are you encountering any issues when attempting to do so?

Please let me know!
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • SMP
    SMP Member ✭✭
    Everything has been and is fine for me in quicken.com. Besides there is nowhere on quicken.com to update the email address used for communication and that is then showing up in Quicken under preferences. The only field that can be updated is for the quicken ID. My ID is fine. I only want to update my email address.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @SMP

Thank you for the response.  To clarify, Is the email that is your Quicken ID your primary email? Is the email that is listed in Quicken the same as the email on Quicken.com?

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • SMP
    SMP Member ✭✭
    Yes and yes! But... Take a look at the screenshot from Chris_QPW in this thread. There are two email fields. They should be independent and not required to match. If required to match then the bug is that I can not make them to match same as the original post (and also why the two fields then?). And if not required to match anyway, then there is nowhere to update the address in the "Email" field.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @SMP

Thank you for the response and the additional details. At this time I would recommend contacting support directly by phone on Monday for assistance with correcting the account information. 

Quicken support is better able to assist with confirming and correcting account discrepancies.

-Quicken Tyka 

~~~***~~~
  • Georg
    Georg Member
    ;) Talk about a run around... there are tons of postings about this issue but no resolution. :/
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Georg

Thank you for taking the time to post in the community regarding this issue.  I am happy to assist and have sent you a private message with some additional information.

To access your community inbox, scroll to the top of the community and in the top right corner, click on the envelope icon to the left of your profile image.

Thank you,

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.