Update to R31.8 causing HUGE loading delay

Tom Connell
Tom Connell Member ✭✭✭
Just downloaded the latest update to Quicken 2020 and now it takes between 45 seconds to 1 minute 15 seconds before data is loaded and accessible after entering the data file password. Before then it sits with an unresponsive screen with just the File and Help tabs below the Quicken Premiere logo in the upper left corner. This was not the case prior to the update. What the heck is going on? I have opened and exited and reopened multiple times with the same result so it doesn't appear to be a data file updating issue.

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Might have been some kind of delay in contacting the Quicken server.  Quicken tries to contact that server for various reasons at start up.  But if it can't will go on, after a long time out.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• Tom Connell
    Tom Connell Member ✭✭✭
    ok, strangely enough, after more than a dozen times opening and closing Quicken the delay has now disappeared. So maybe it was a database updating/optimization??
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Might have been some kind of delay in contacting the Quicken server.  Quicken tries to contact that server for various reasons at start up.  But if it can't will go on, after a long time out.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Tom Connell
    Tom Connell Member ✭✭✭
    I did read that Verizon suffered an outage for several hours so maybe related to that.
  • jadedata
    jadedata Member ✭✭
    so.... is there a fix for this??... like turning off the quicken server checks or at least curtailing them to prevent this egregious delay. In the morning I light up quicken, to MAKE coffee, check my email and MAYBE by that time the data is on screen and I can get on with morning financial matters...
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    jadedata said:
    so.... is there a fix for this??... like turning off the quicken server checks or at least curtailing them to prevent this egregious delay. In the morning I light up quicken, to MAKE coffee, check my email and MAYBE by that time the data is on screen and I can get on with morning financial matters...
    Are you auto updating on Quicken opening?  On my setup it takes 5 seconds to load my password window (122Mb file) and then less than 10 seconds to fully load the Home tab screen.  Performing OSU for 23 accounts at 10 FIs takes another 90 seconds.
This discussion has been closed.