Problem with reconciling shares

Q17 security reconcile reports a number of shares of a security that the online financial institution reports zero (which is correct). The Q17 holdings report indicates zero shares. The reconcile error message reports the mismatch occurred on 4/30/2020. The number of shares reported by the reconcile mismatch message is exactly the same as the number that actually existed prior to all being sold in 12/2020. I cannot find any transactions, hidden or otherwise, on this date with this security that can account for the mismatch. Hopefully this makes sense.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 1
    The last date that Quicken 2017 supported Online Services was 4/30/2020.  I suspect you are comparing the last downloaded share balance from the financial institution with your current holdings.
  • maniacal
    maniacal Member
    Sherlock - Thanks for the response. I may be misunderstanding what you are suggesting but the Reconcile Shares function, I believe, uses the shares reported in the Online Center to compare against what is reported in the security holdings. Both of these numbers are zero - yet Quicken Reconcile Shares is reporting a mismatch with "Shares Reported" as zero and "Shares In Quicken" as non-zero.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    maniacal said:
    Sherlock - Thanks for the response. I may be misunderstanding what you are suggesting but the Reconcile Shares function, I believe, uses the shares reported in the Online Center to compare against what is reported in the security holdings. Both of these numbers are zero - yet Quicken Reconcile Shares is reporting a mismatch with "Shares Reported" as zero and "Shares In Quicken" as non-zero.
    What I'm suggesting is you should not be using the Online Center to compare the current holdings in Quicken with those provided by the financial institution on 4/30/20 and expect Quicken to account for transactions that occurred later.
  • maniacal
    maniacal Member
    I understand now. It didn't occur to me until now that I needed to disable online services for the account when Quicken terminated on 4/20/20. Thanks for your help.