Bank of America Loan Account

Stan Krzesinski
Stan Krzesinski Member ✭✭
I opened Quicken today 2-1-2021 and found that my Bank of America mortgage account on Quicken went from having a balance to a balance of zero. Since the account was set up as a loan I can not doing anything to it. Has anyone else been having issues of this type?

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Stan Krzesinski

It sounds like you setup the loan as a "download loan", which makes it impossible to make entries or adjust it.  To fix - you need to convert it to a manual loan.  Here is an FAQ on how to do that - LINK.

BTW - I think you'll be better off in the long run by doing this conversion, since there are other future issues you will likely avoid and there's really not a whole lot of upside to having a "download loan" anyway.

Let me know how it goes and/or if you have followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Thanks, I can’t do anything with the loan. The loan went from $xxx to $0. I can’t do anything with it. In Quicken it looks like the loan was payed off. Nothing show up any any other account that show the money was transferred to the loan account to pay it off
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @Stan Krzesinski

That sounds like file corruption.  Do you have a good recent backup?  I suspect that you'll need to go back to that.  However, before you do, try Quicken Support - here's the LINK.

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -