ally bank 501 error

Options
:| for 2 weeks i have been unable to update my ALLY Bank accounts. They continue to receive a 501 error code.

Answers

• john grimans
    Options
    The error code is 505 not 501
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @john grimans

That error usually means that there exists some type of connection issue with the bank.  I would suggest that you contact Quicken Support so they can troubleshoot it for you - here's the LINK.

Let me know how that works out.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• john grimans
    Options
    i sent this to support yesterday and no reply yet
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Intuit continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method for Quicken.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I suggest you use the Web Connect connection method instead.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank

If you wish to continue to use the Express Web Connect connection method, I suggest you review: https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-cc-501
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi again @john grimans

Okay - so for the 505 error - it is a bit different.  The problem culd be a temporary server issue.  Take a look at this guidance instead LINK.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.