How do I reconcile investment accounts.

R31.8 The register view has disappeared from my investment accounts and there is no longer a "reconcile" function. How do I get the register view back and how do I reconcile?

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021 Answer ✓
    I didn't change anything. How do I find the "simple investing" check box?
    Open the investment account, press Ctrl + Shift + E, check Complete - Positions and Transactions, and select OK.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @robertd202,

I suspect that you've changed to "simple investing" which doesn't require reconciliation anymore.  To get the register back, you should switch back by unchecking the box.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• I didn't change anything. How do I find the "simple investing" check box?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021 Answer ✓
    I didn't change anything. How do I find the "simple investing" check box?
    Open the investment account, press Ctrl + Shift + E, check Complete - Positions and Transactions, and select OK.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @robertd202,

Go to Preferences > Investment transactions > in the window on the right, "Simple Investing is the last check box in the list.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Thanks, that did the trick.