Experience with Mobile App

dhammabob
dhammabob Member ✭✭✭
edited May 2022 in Using the Mobile App
For those who have used the iOS mobile app and sync with your desktop app, what's your experience like? Post COVID-19, I plan on traveling extensively and would prefer to manage my finances through the mobile app rather than on my laptop but I have concerns about syncing data and privacy, etc.

According to the FAQ, investment accounts are allowed but not investment transactions, what does that mean exactly?
https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7856731/faq-what-information-syncs-with-the-quicken-cloud-for-mobile-web-apps#latest

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @dhammabob

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. When it says investment transactions I believe it means you won't be able to see the actual transactions that are happening within the account. I would double check how it works by looking over it and seeing if it works for you.

While you plan on traveling I believe the app should work well for you overall but I would recommend updating your laptop once every one to two weeks so you're still up to date once you're back. This should prevent you from having any gaps of information. 

If you have any other questions please let us know!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• dhammabob
    dhammabob Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Hi Francisco,

Please share more information re: investment transactions, I am not sure what you mean exactly. Well, I might be gone for months on end and would prefer not to bring my laptop and just update my transactions on the mobile app. After I come home, I will sync and switch back to the laptop. Is this not advised?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    The investment accounts will show the cash on hand each security how many shares and their price and that's it.

Personally I wouldn't sync my data file for fear of it being corrupted.  Doesn't take very much searching on this forum to see that lots of people have had their data corrupted that way.

I would take a laptop.  Quicken web is quite limited and quick and mobile is even more limited of what you can do.

When I suggest you do is create a test data file sync a few accounts and play with it and see for yourself.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • dhammabob
    dhammabob Member ✭✭✭
    @Chris_QPW thank you! This is exactly the kind of feedback I am hoping to get. Much appreciated!

> @Chris_QPW said:
    > The investment accounts will show the cash on hand each security how many shares and their price and that's it.
    >
    > Personally I wouldn't sync my data file for fear of it being corrupted.  Doesn't take very much searching on this forum to see that lots of people have had their data corrupted that way.
    >
    > I would take a laptop.  Quicken web is quite limited and quick and mobile is even more limited of what you can do.
    >
    > When I suggest you do is create a test data file sync a few accounts and play with it and see for yourself.
This discussion has been closed.