One Step update balances are incorrect

Options
After the most current One Step update, my mortgage account displays "This loan is paid off" even though there is a balance. Since it is paid off, there is no way to display any transactions. I manually imported the last 3 months of transactions from my financial institution but they don't display.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @SAFDChief2,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

Do you have a recent pre-update backup you can restore? To start with, I suggest restoring a backup file to see if the same issue occurs in the restored file. If needed, please, review this support article. Scroll down until you see Quicken for Windows and open the blue dropdown section(s) titled Restore Quicken data and/or Restore an automatic backup for instructions on how to restore a backup.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Trvlr
    Trvlr Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    I have a similar problem. Since Quicken has gone to the cloud my checking account has a $70.00 increase in my balance and my savings account is negative $335.55. I restored my previous backup (which is correct), but somehow after posting all new transactions and manually updating the accounts it switched back to the incorrect balances. Talked to tech support twice today with no success. [Removed - Speculation/Inaccurate] Any suggestions as to how to restore an old backup and not get involved with Quicken cloud???
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Trvlr,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and adding to this discussion to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you wish to turn off syncing to the Quicken Cloud, then after restoring a backup file, please follow the steps below to turn off Cloud Sync.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Mobile & Web
    4. Change sync to OFF

Alternatively, if you don't want to turn Cloud Sync completely off, then you can deselect Cloud Sync from running with your One Step Update. Please, follow the steps below in order to do so.
    1. Navigate to Tools
    2. One Step Update...
    3. Under Online Services, uncheck the checkbox for Sync to Quicken Cloud

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• SAFDChief2
    SAFDChief2 Member ✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Quicken Anja, I restored the last backup, then did a One-Step update and the issue persists. Additionally, data has disappeared. My debit card account is missing most of the month of July 2020 and my credit card account is missing data from Sept. 2019. So now both my current data and backup data are contaminated. everything is suspect. It appears that my only choice is to manually re-enter ALL of my data. [Removed-No Soliciting]
  • jmnb
    jmnb Member ✭✭
    Options
    This happened to me, too. My mortgage account displays "This loan is paid off". It is not paid off and now will not display any transactions. I've tried restoring from a backup but after doing a one step update I'm getting the same message
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Helo @jmnb

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue although I apologize that you have not received a response.

If you have not done so already, please open Quicken and navigate to the Help menu and choose  Report a Problem. Please submit a problem report for this issue. 

Next, please restore a backup once more and confirm that sync is disabled prior to running a One Step Update.

To disable sync, please navigate to Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web, there will be an on-off toggle.

Please let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.