Problems Downloading online Data with BECU - Boeing Employees Credit Union

Options
Why do I keep keep getting errors when I click the update? Quicken reports that it is not able to connect to BECU try again later. I have got this error for the past several weeks. I have spent about 8 hours on the phone with Quicken ---- who have not been able to satisfactorily resolve this issue. I have tried to direct connect option as well as quicken connect. Both get the same errors. I have talked with BECU technical support and they say it is a Quicken problem and that I was to harass them if I want this resolved. I'm not sure what the problem is with the Quicken servers, but maybe, just maybe they should look at better people that can solve this frustrating ongoing problem. Updating peoples accounts is the number one reason for using the quicken service in the first place. It is also by FAR the most problematic issue with Quicken. So, please resolve this issue ASAP. Thank you.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @dansnelson,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Quicken > About Quicken

Aside from the error message you are receiving, is there any specific error code(s) associated with the message? 

Please, check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• dansnelson
    Options
    Anja,

Thank you for getting back with me. I am using Quicken for the Mac Os. There are no error codes that appear with the error message. When I click on the update, the little wheel spins and spins and spins and spins and spins and just like an exhausted runner, it just gives up and says "I give up try back later".

First off, I have spent countless hours with both my bank and Quicken support with only intermittent fixes. These errors occurred after I had performed a Quicken software update a couple of weeks ago. Is there anyway to roll back the update?

There appears to be a Quicken server bug in the software (a time out issue). The only way to fix the Quicken server error is to provide a software fix. I had no problems downloading my bank data before you decided it was time for a great update. Please advise me as to what I can do to remedy this situation????
  • dansnelson
    Options
    The error message is..."An error occurred during your online banking update
    Boeing Employees' Credit Union is not responding. Please try again later" (The network connection was lost)

I have attempted to use Quicken Connect and Direct Connect and get the same error message. I attempted to start over and it still give me the same error message.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @dansnelson

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review the logs and escalate the issue if necessary.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.