How do I transfer budgets to the next month?

I have Quicken for Mac Subscription. I have seen posts that say you are supposed to switch to annual budget mode and there's a drop down menu from there to carry your budget over to the next month, but that does not exist in my version of Quicken.

How do I transfer my budget to the next month? :|
Tagged:

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    There is unfortunately no rollover functionality in Quicken Mac at this time. It's a long-running request from users, and it's currently under consideration.  You can add your vote for this feature in this Idea thread. (In the blue box under the first post, click the little gray arrow under the counter to see your vote register.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    Answer ✓
    There is unfortunately no rollover functionality in Quicken Mac at this time. It's a long-running request from users, and it's currently under consideration.  You can add your vote for this feature in this Idea thread. (In the blue box under the first post, click the little gray arrow under the counter to see your vote register.)
  • charlimcghee
    charlimcghee Member ✭✭
    If I'm not mistaken they have budget rollover in Quicken for Windows. I can't imagine why we don't have it in Mac. And, boy do I ever need it!! lol
  • jacobs
    @charlimcghee  Quicken Windows is built on a codebase that has been continually updated and enhanced for more than three decades; the original Quicken Mac reached a point where it couldn't be continued due to changes in the Mac operating system, and it's been re-developed from scratch over the past decade. It's an ongoing process, which means there are still many ideas and feature requests which the developers haven't gotten to yet.

If you want to see this feature developed for Quicken Mac, please do take a few seconds to click here to vote for it. The idea is marked "under consideration", and more votes may help this move higher on the developer's lists of priorities. 
  • charlimcghee
    charlimcghee Member ✭✭
    Thanks, I have already voted.
  • jmaii
    jmaii Member
    edited January 2021
    I actually use the app [Removed - Solicitation] because offer a better budget alternative. I use the Quiken for brokerage. I would like to see a Quicken more robust in the budget aspect as well in the bank connection. I love the budget with envelop system since offer more control at finance/ but quicken is fall superior at the investment, loan , calendar finally everything else/
  • Flachmom
    Flachmom Member ✭✭
    I would love to know what app you use that actually has the rollover feature. I find Quicken to be pretty lacking and frustrating without the rollover capability. It's a really basic budgeting feature.
  • Flachmom
    Flachmom Member ✭✭
    Also, any word of late from Quicken on the budget rollover feature? I'm tired of waiting, don't want to transfer my stuff to another program, but really frustrated with this lack of functionality.
  • jacobs
    @Flachmom  Quicken rarely announces what features are coming in the future, and almost never says when certain features are coming.

Things which seem simple sometimes turn out to require much more extensive work, and so the schedule of features is always somewhat fluid. It would be nice if they would tell us that a feature like this is targeted for, say, the second quarter of the year -- but if they run into delays in development or testing and don't deliver by June 30, then users get angrier and more inflamed. So instead, they just don't pre-announce what's coming when.
  • chrisolson91
    chrisolson91 Member ✭✭
    I echo everyone about this functionality! With all the cloud syncing bugs on the windows side and lack of rollover budgeting on the Mac side I might have to try and find an alternative software. It’s all really disappointing! I want to like Quicken but it’s really been a horrible experience so far after year of using the Windows version.
This discussion has been closed.