Credit Card transactions not loading

Whether using One-Step Update or manually downloading transactions from Chase not all of the transactions are loading into the register.  I can see all the transactions on the manually downloaded file.  I'm following the same steps I've used before but this only occurs with one particular Chase account.  The other credit card/bank accounts download fine.  I don't know what else to try. 

Quicken Deluxe: 2020 Ver: R31.9 Build: 27.1.31.8

Thanks.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Quicken will not import a transaction with the same FITID field value into the same register.   This prevents Quicken from importing the same transaction over again even after we've deleted the transaction.

If you want Quicken to import the transactions, import the file into a new register.  You will need to deactivate the Online Services of the original register first.  Before making any significant changes to a Quicken file, always save a backup: press Ctrl + B
  • cliberty
    cliberty Member ✭✭
    That does make sense however, these transactions were never loaded.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @cliberty,

Can you give us some additional information relative to the transactions that you can see "on the manually downloaded file? Are these new, recently dated transactions that you've not downloaded before?  Since this is only happening with this one Chase account, is there anything different about this account which might be causing this?  What typ of account is it?  Can you tell us which connection method (Direct Connect, Express Web Connect, or Web Connect) this account uses?

In short, the more information you can provide, the better we can help you figure out what the cause might be.

Thanks.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• cliberty
    cliberty Member ✭✭
    This is a Chase Visa credit card account.  The transactions are recent and never downloaded.  I used the YTD filter to set up the manual download file.  Never an issue using the One Step Update until December 1 I think.  I pay bills and download transactions for all accounts on the 1st and 15th.  My wife has several small (1.99 or .99) transactions a month and I noticed that they weren't downloaded.  The balance on the register is about $22 less than the online balance so there are several missing.  I have three Chase Visa accounts and the other two are fine.  No difference between the accounts that I can tell and I haven't changed anything.  Direct Connect is being used.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    cliberty said:
    This is a Chase Visa credit card account.  The transactions are recent and never downloaded.  I used the YTD filter to set up the manual download file.  Never an issue using the One Step Update until December 1 I think.  I pay bills and download transactions for all accounts on the 1st and 15th.  My wife has several small (1.99 or .99) transactions a month and I noticed that they weren't downloaded.  The balance on the register is about $22 less than the online balance so there are several missing.  I have three Chase Visa accounts and the other two are fine.  No difference between the accounts that I can tell and I haven't changed anything.  Direct Connect is being used.
    Do the missing transactions appear in the OFX Log (select Help > Log Files)?
  • cliberty
    cliberty Member ✭✭
    They do.  Several times.  I'm guessing it's because I tried downloading them several times.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    cliberty said:
    They do.  Several times.  I'm guessing it's because I tried downloading them several times.
    Do the FITID values of these missing transactions happen to match any of the transactions in the register's Downloaded ID field?
  • cliberty
    cliberty Member ✭✭
    I used the FITID from the QFX file to search the log file.  That's how I was able to identify one transaction appearing 12 times in the log file.
  • cliberty
    cliberty Member ✭✭
    I misread your previous.  No, the FITID does not match the Downloaded ID.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    cliberty said:
    I misread your previous.  No, the FITID does not match the Downloaded ID.
    Unless you've deleted the transactions with the FITIDs of the missing downloaded transactions, the FITID index must be corrupt.  I suggest you attempt the Copy and Validate instruction as described in: https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

If the issue persists, I suggest you recreate the register: deactivate the Online Services, create a new offline register, move the transactions from the original register to the new register, reset any memorized payees or reminders referencing the original register, delete the original register, rename the new register, and setup the Online Services linked to the new register.  You may want to review: FAQ: How Do I Move Transactions Between Quicken Accounts?
  • cliberty
    cliberty Member ✭✭
    I tried Validate and Repair.  No issues were indicated.  I tried One Step Update.  It did download two newly cleared transactions but not the missing ones from 1/2/21 and 1/3/21.  I tried to open the manually saved QFX file with Quicken and it didn't load the transactions.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @cliberty

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a follow-up response.

If this is a recurring situation, and the account is connected using Express Web Connect this may be able be escalated through Quicken Support.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

It can take some time to escalate an issue through support so I do want to offer that alternatively, it may be quicker to manually add these transactions.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.