Tracking by CUSIP

Options
Dale M
Dale M Member ✭✭
edited February 2021 in Investing (Windows)
Is there any way to track an investment by cusip? I have an investment that has the same ticker symbol but has different cusip. Example: ticker-FCRHLX and it has cusips 30316Q157 and 30316Q173.

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are you sure it is the same fund, not a different share class or something? The CUSIP should be unique.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Dale M
    Dale M Member ✭✭
    Options
    It is the same First Trust fund, FCRHLX, but it has four different cusips for the share classes. The problem is we own two different classes in a brokereage and an IRA account. Quicken only recognizes the ticker and assign the same share price to each of them even though they are different prices. I cannot find a way to have Quicken track them by cusips. Was looking for some help/shortcuts to address the problem.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well whereas the CUSIP might be unique the symbols aren't.  Prices are never fetched by CUSIP, they are fetched by symbols.

About the only thing I can think of doing is to remove the symbol from the one(s) that are getting the wrong price.  That will force Quicken not to get the price from the quote service.  But when you download transactions from that financial institution the prices are in the downloaded information and Quicken will use it if there isn't anything from the quote service to override it.

Depending on the financial institution and if this is a stock or a mutual fund the pricing might "more delayed", but at least if the financial institution is doing it right you should have the right prices.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This snip from First Trust's site suggests the price is the same for the four 'classes'.  It is the NAV column that represents the current price Quicken will use.