Is Quicken working with Navy Federal CU to resolve any issues with One Step download

johnodrake
johnodrake Member ✭✭✭✭
Every time I execute one step download, when communicating with Navy FCU the system asks to add an account to Navy FCU.  the add accounts screen appears wanting UN/PW.  There being no accounts to add, I dismiss and it reappears.  I dismiss again and it stays gone.  This does not affect anything of substance but it is annoying as the add account screen stays and the downloads cease until I dismiss the dialog.

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi again @johnodrake

I did some research and have a two potential suggestions which might fix your issue. 

My first suggestion has to do with your mentioning "cloud sync" above.  If "cloud sync" is activate for your file I suggest that you deactivate it, and then try the OSU and see if you still get that prompt.

The second suggestion has to do with old NFCU accounts...  So here's a question - are there any (old) NFCU accounts in your file that may have been "connected" in the past, but are not now?  These could be either hidden, or dormant accounts. Also, are there any NFCU accounts that are active accounts but you no longer want them to download (where you may have deactivated them)?

If there are, I suggest that you go to "Tools" > "Account List" > click on the "Show hidden accounts" box at the bottom left of this window > the click on the "Edit" button for each of those old NFCU accounts, and remove Navy Federal Credit Union from the Financial Institution field.

Then I suggest that you exit Quicken > restart it and try a One Step Update.

Let me know how this goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @johnodrake,

I too a having problems connecting with NFCU starting today.

It started with Quicken telling me that the FI needed me to change my p/w on the website.  And when I tried to sign-on to the website - NFCU did indeed require a p/w change. 

However my problem is that Quicken when I went back to do the Quicken download, it would not connect because I kept getting the two factor authorization message asking for the contact number - about 7 or 8 times in a row, and nothing else, until it finally timed out and through off a CC-509 error code.  Of course the CC-509 is the "your FI needs you to change your pw" issue - which I had just done.  And when I went back to the website - there was no need to change it.

Did you also have the password change issue?  How long have you been getting the "add accounts" screen? From what you've said it appears that, other than the annoyance, the download completes for you - is that true?

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭✭
    Have had the add account screen for a long time.  It predates the NFCU two factor requirement.  That part at least is working properly now for me.  The Add Account issue came with the cloud sync and has now morphed into all OneStep update requests.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Hi again @johnodrake,

I assume that you have (perhaps some time ago since you've been seeing this behavior for a while) actually allowed Quicken to go through and complete that "add account" routine.  If you have, I'd be curious to know what happened.  If you haven't, I would suggest that you try it and see if it might stop occurring.

Another thing to try would be to disconnect all your NFCU accounts and then reconnect them.  Of course, you should make sure you have a good recent backup before doing this.

Frankx

• johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭✭
    I did.  Today.  Quicken found all my accounts - they were already in Quicken.  then after that, it asked again.  There are no other accounts to find.  NFCU is the only institution this happens with.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the response.  I have not seen reports about other users receiving this prompt, but I wouldn't be surprised if others have this same issue.

I guess the good news is that you are still able to download your data.  But I would suspect that it is very annoying to have to continually dismiss those pop-ups.

Frankx

• johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭✭
    It is very annoying.  This is not the first time that I have brought this issue up
  • johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭✭
    This issue happens with every One Step Update.  Quicken will show the add account dialog for NFCU.  I will dismiss the dialog.  Then quicken will show the add account dialog once again and when I dismiss the dialog, Quicken will finish the one step update.  I have to do this every time I use one step update.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi again @johnodrake

I did some research and have a two potential suggestions which might fix your issue. 

My first suggestion has to do with your mentioning "cloud sync" above.  If "cloud sync" is activate for your file I suggest that you deactivate it, and then try the OSU and see if you still get that prompt.

The second suggestion has to do with old NFCU accounts...  So here's a question - are there any (old) NFCU accounts in your file that may have been "connected" in the past, but are not now?  These could be either hidden, or dormant accounts. Also, are there any NFCU accounts that are active accounts but you no longer want them to download (where you may have deactivated them)?

If there are, I suggest that you go to "Tools" > "Account List" > click on the "Show hidden accounts" box at the bottom left of this window > the click on the "Edit" button for each of those old NFCU accounts, and remove Navy Federal Credit Union from the Financial Institution field.

Then I suggest that you exit Quicken > restart it and try a One Step Update.

Let me know how this goes.

Frankx

• johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭✭
    I had done this long a go.  The Add Account twice in succession is a more recent happening.  Used to happen with the cloud sync and then went away when I stopped cloud sync.  There are many older NFCU accounts but they have all long since been closed (circa 2015 ).  Thanks for the suggestions.
  • johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭✭
    Frank,  I went back and looked at the closed NFCU accounts.  I decided to delete them to see what would happen.  Apparently one or more of the closed accounts were what was causing the problem.  I deleted all of the closed accounts and the issue has gone away - at least for the time being.  Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.