Acorns - adding account in Mac or Windows

Has anyone successfully added their Acorns investment account to Quicken for Mac? I would like to add my account but I don't know WHAT kind of an account it is, nor can I find Acorns or Acorns Securities in the search menu?

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    A quick look as a Mac user doesn't show "Acorn" listed for either checking accounts or brokerage accounts. And I did a little Googling and found a few others asking the same question but no success. Bottom line: it's up to the financial institution to support Quicken, and it appears Acorns does not. All Acorns customers can do is lobby Acorns to provide a way to download to Quicken. (That may sound impossible, but I've seen cases from small banks to large institutions like Apple's new credit card where lobbying/pestering/complaining from customers have brought about change.)

You might want to create a manual account in Quicken to track your Acorns holdings, just updating it monthly or periodically to reflect money you've put in and the change in the value of your investments.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just looked on the Windows side of supported financial institutions -
    and I don't see anything listed for "Acorns" -
    so... would guess that the MAC side also has nothing supported ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    A quick look as a Mac user doesn't show "Acorn" listed for either checking accounts or brokerage accounts. And I did a little Googling and found a few others asking the same question but no success. Bottom line: it's up to the financial institution to support Quicken, and it appears Acorns does not. All Acorns customers can do is lobby Acorns to provide a way to download to Quicken. (That may sound impossible, but I've seen cases from small banks to large institutions like Apple's new credit card where lobbying/pestering/complaining from customers have brought about change.)

You might want to create a manual account in Quicken to track your Acorns holdings, just updating it monthly or periodically to reflect money you've put in and the change in the value of your investments.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Dschweik
    Dschweik Member
    Thanks, guys!
  • Update: Acorns is now an option when you search to add a new account in Quicken. However, there seems to be a glitch or two as attempts to add an Acorns account will result in the CC-501 error code. An escalated ticket has been created to resolve the problem, and so we should hopefully be able to add Acorns sometime in the near future.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    just following along... looked again today on the Windows side - Aug 17 - and it appears to have just been added.
    68589    68589    68589    Acorns    https://www.acorns.com/    N/A    https://www.acorns.com/    ACTIVE
                      BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT  

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• slear87
    slear87 Member
    Still showing CC-501 error as of 8/25/2021
This discussion has been closed.