stock updates not downloading

I am getting price updates for my US stocks, but my Canadian stocks held on the TSX are not updating. I'm using Quicken Home and Business (Canadian Version) This problem started yesterday with the reopening of the markets after the holidays.

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Zac

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I would recommend saving a backup and then running the Validate & Repair tool on the data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click "Correct Investing Price History" and choose OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~

Answers

• hcwong168
    hcwong168 Member ✭✭
    edited January 2021
    I don't use use Quicken to connect to all my accounts with banks and brokerages. I only use to update my stocks quotes. Therefore I didn't renew Quicken subscription. I surrendered yesterday, renewed and paid. But it does not update the quotes even after the US stock market closed today. [Removed - Rant]
  • Zac
    Zac Member
    I too would like to know why the Quicken stock quotes are so far off what I see on my Schwab and TD Ameritrade accounts. It's not just 15 minutes delayed; it never matches at all, even through a 24 hour period. The 4 brokerage accounts I monitor with Quicken stay off by $100...not much, just annoying. Does anyone know if upgrading helps or if there is a setting misplaced?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Zac

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I would recommend saving a backup and then running the Validate & Repair tool on the data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click "Correct Investing Price History" and choose OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.