Complete guide to setting up investments...

Options
ljmagyar
ljmagyar Member ✭✭
edited February 2021 in Investing (Windows)
Is there such a thing? I have Windows Subscription version. I have tried several different methods to set up IRA's 401(k), etc... They always seem to not work properly.

For instance, I have a 401(k) at work. Each pay period a portion of my pay plus a match is deposited into that account. When setting up the account, it seems to be double what it actually should be.

I am exasperated with trying to get the investment accounts sorted.

We recently set up an IRA for our grand daughter. This is a straight deposit each month. We've only had it a year, but it is already showing TWICE what the actual balance should be!

I need some help!

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you haven't already, you may want to review the documentation Quicken provides on the topic: press F1

A traditional 401(k) should be handled appropriately as a pre-tax deduction in the paycheck.

If you're importing transactions for the 401(k) and IRA accounts, the doubling may indicate you're not handling the imported transactions appropriately.  For example, perhaps the contributions are not being used for the purchase of the securities in the register.
  • ljmagyar
    ljmagyar Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Sherlock thank you. I will read this and see if i can get it to work