Passwords not being saved/used during OSU [edited]

tommys
tommys Member ✭✭
I see this is resolved but I still cannot do online updates. The Quicken app still asks for password for my bank even though I have entered it.

I cannot even respond to the post. :-(
What do I do to be able to start using the online update feature?
=================================================================
Quicken Sarah just added a comment in Alerts & Known Product Issues: NEW 1/29/21 Delays or Errors When Using Online Services
RESOLVED 2/1/21

This issue has been resolved and Users should no longer experience delays opening Quicken or accessing services.

Thank you!
=================================================================

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @tommys

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. It sounds like you may be having a bit of a different issue but we can see what we can do. To start off what exactly is happening? Are you not getting downloads when trying the OSU. If so does it give you error messages or does it not let you activate the OSU? How long have you been experiencing this issue?  With more information we should be able try tracking down what's going on and seeing what we can try to get it fixed for you.

Once you get the chance please let us know more details and we'll take a look! 

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• tommys
    tommys Member ✭✭
    Different issue - perhaps. But never had this issue before and appeared about the same time. Coincidence?

Steps to Reproduce:
    Launch Quicken desktop app
    Tools -> One Step Update
    Enter Vault Password in popup
    Click button - Update Now
    View One Step Update Setting Popup
    (Notice all my passwords were removed)
    Enter password for a Boeing Employees Credit Union
    Select checkbox to save password
    Click button - Update Now
    View popup - Please Enter Your Passwords
    Message states "To continue, enter the password for the following institutions"
    Boeing Employees Credit Union
  • tommys
    tommys Member ✭✭
    Q: To start off what exactly is happening?
    A: Quicken fails to recognize entered password on One Step Update for a credit union (or any other account - Vanguard, TDAmeritrade, etc)

Q: Are you not getting downloads when trying the OSU.
    A: No downloads - cannot get by password required popup. I can sync to cloud and download quotes and investment information.

Q: If so does it give you error messages or does it not let you activate the OSU? How long have you been experiencing this issue?
    A: I noticed the problem last Saturday. I can activate OSU. Error message for banking passwords required but I have entered them. See screenshot
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @tommys

Thank you for the response and the additional details. 

If you have not done so already, I would recommend running the Validate & Repair tool on the data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • tommys
    tommys Member ✭✭
    Thank you. Late yesterday, I spoke on the phone with an agent. Did a super validate and still needed to install a QW27.1.31.12MPatch.exe
    Then had to deregister "all" my online financial accounts and re-add all of them back. It mostly work, had to do another validate and repair. I think (hope) it is resolved now. Quicken sure could use a better test team! This issue was caused by a release by Quicken and the test team had a major miss on the impact of a release. Can't image all the wasted hours by the numerous Quicken users combined that have been impacted.
    Thank you for your assistance!
  • D.W.
    D.W. Member ✭✭
    I have this same issue. I do not find it acceptable that we all need to go through this procedure. Quicken needs to do a better job!
  • D.W.
    D.W. Member ✭✭
    How do we get this patch? Where is the download? Search on the community and support pages turns up nothing
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    D.W. said:
    How do we get this patch? Where is the download? Search on the community and support pages turns up nothing

The patch should be available by clicking Help / Check for Updates in Quicken.
    A direct link is available here:

https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

• tommys
    tommys Member ✭✭
    Turns out even with the patch, my passwords were removed AGAIN. I have not tried OSU since Feb 4th when I spoke with an agent and it appear to be working. I just started Quicken, attempted OSU and noticed all passwords for my financial institutions were missing again. Tired validate and repair only to see Quicken crash. LOL
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @tommys

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

To help me further investigate this issue, may I ask that you please create a test file. Please go to File > New Quicken File...

Once in the test file please add a bank account so that you may test if the password is saved as expected in this test file. 

This will help isolate the issue further to determine the cause of both the crashing and the passwords not saving as expected.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • tommys
    tommys Member ✭✭
    I was on the phone with another tech support agent again. Appears to be resolved. ?
    At least my passwords are now appearing. I deactivated all of my online accounts (again). Removed my vault. Did a file validate (again). Then re-added online accounts again. Tools -> Add Account. Then created new vault password. OSU is working today.
    But then they were last week until it re-broke. Holding my breath.
  • tommys
    tommys Member ✭✭
    3 days later and OSU still working. Might be able to move past all the struggles getting Quicken to work correctly...
  • Dustin1047
    Dustin1047 Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue, tommys. Just like your screenshot. I can't save any passwords in the password vault, no OSU. I am running the most updated version of Windows subscription. I guess I'll have to get on the phone with Premium Support tomorrow. They are closed now.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @Dustin1047

Thanks for the update. With the issue you're having it would be best to contact Quicken Support via or phone and sharing your screen with one of our support reps, if you feel comfortable doing so, to have the matter looked at and hopefully fixed promptly. I'll leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

• Dustin1047
    Dustin1047 Member ✭✭
    Thanks, Quicken Francisco! I called phone support. I appreciate you listing the hours here! I talked to Tony and he gave up after we couldn't get SuperValidate to work with my Mac keyboard. He passed me onto Jorge, who found a workaround using the on-screen keyboard inside my virtual Windows machine (Parallels) where I run Quicken for Windows.

Long story short, Jorge couldn't fix the issue either and suggested that I just start with a new data file. Since I have been using Quicken since 1992, that was not an option.

@tommys saved the day. I read Jorge the steps Tommy took and he thought that would work, so I did what Tommy suggested and it's working now. That is, from his post...

I deactivated all of my online accounts (again). Removed my vault. Did a file validate (again). Then re-added online accounts again. Tools -> Add Account. Then created new vault password. OSU is working today.
  • tommys
    tommys Member ✭✭
    Glad to hear! Quicken needs a much improved QA team to stop these type of issues before it hits its customer base. So much time and energy lost trying to resolve and fix the issue!
This discussion has been closed.