I keep getting a pop up that says I have reached the maximum number of datasets, contact quicken sup

been happening for 3 days now anyone know whats going on

Best Answers

Answers

• keep getting a pp up thats says I have reached the maximum number of datasets......anyone know what this is?
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
  • what is the fix
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    The fix is to contact Quicken support.  There's apparently something that they can do that simply isn't available to users.
  • They want $49 to join customer support, what a ripoff
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    charliem$ said:
    They want $49 to join customer support, what a ripoff

• so far I have had to call Quicken support 5 times to do some sort of reset to resolve this issue with a promise that it will never happen again, something is going on and its the same on 2 different computers
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop restoring Quicken data files.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    charliem$ said:
    so far I have had to call Quicken support 5 times to do some sort of reset to resolve this issue with a promise that it will never happen again, something is going on and its the same on 2 different computers
    It has been pointed out by the Quicken Moderators that restoring from a backup causes the "Quicken cloud data set" to be copied.

Before it was recommended that if you wanted to share a data file with a different machine you would back up and restore it.  That isn't the case any more because of this new fact.  Instead just copy your .QDF file to the other machine and open that.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Bekie
    Bekie Member
    I ended up getting rid of this incredibly annoying error message by restoring an old backup and then paying the renewal fee. The problem I was having was that as soon as I got rid of the error message, Quicken would close and there was absolutely no way to keep the program open until I restored a backup. I was going to try to contact support, but when I tried that, I kept getting the pop up box that "We're currently experiencing high contact volume, click here for faster help options." And then it takes you right back to the "contact Quicken to resolve your issue." Vicious cycle.
  • charliem$
    charliem$ Member
    edited February 2021
    [Removed-Inaccurate/Unhelpful]
This discussion has been closed.