The Budget ** was not synced. Parameter Name must be specified for this request.

James Nail
James Nail Member ✭✭
Bad error when doing Sync Now. No budget can be specified. All budgets are synced. I have validated the data. There is no available phone number to call support. Can anyone here help, please?

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @James Nail

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. It sounds like you've already taken a couple of steps here to try getting it validated. Another thing I would attempt here would be to try to duplicate the budget then attempt to resync it. To do this if you go to the planning tab and in the top left select the cogwheel you'll get a dropdown with the option to duplicate the budget. Once it's duplicated it double check it's correct then select the original budget and select the cogwheel again to delete it. Once that's been done try resetting syncing with the cloud again. 

I'm not sure if this will fix it another thing would be to try resetting the cloud after duplicating the budget as well. To do this you can navigate to edit > Preferences > Mobile and web > reset your cloud data. 

Once you've given this a chance let us know if it helped. If not we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• James Nail
    James Nail Member ✭✭
    Copied to new budget, deleted old, same message after Sync Now, Deleted cloud data, then Sync Now, same message after Sync Now. More History. This occurred after download and install of the latest version 30.10, which unbelievably deleted two accounts from the database. So I reverted to a backup. Then this started to happen.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @James Nail,

Thank you for trying the troubleshooting instructions previously provided and providing us with an update afterward, though I apologize that you have not yet received a follow-up response and continue to experience issues.

Unfortunately, since the previous steps provided have failed thus far, at this point, I would recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support instead, for more extensive troubleshooting and possible escalation if they see fit.

I apologize that our efforts from the Community were unable to resolve this for you.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• JohnWells
    JohnWells Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    The solution for me became apparent when I discovered that my cloud data was updating even though the message said sync failed. All EXCEPT the budget! I made a copy of the budget I was using (2020) and named the duplicate 2021 (since we're almost there). I deleted all my other budgets (2018, 2019, 2020). Then I did a "reset cloud data." Next I ran "One Step Update" which had no errors. Next I went to Mobile & Web tab and ran the Sync Now. No error message (Cloud data was not synced. Parameter Name must be specified). I logged into my https://app.quicken.com account and all the data is there including budget. Problem resolved!
  • James Nail
    James Nail Member ✭✭
    does the blank budget still exist at anytime during this process? I did your step one and the blank budget is still there along with my current budget
  • James Nail
    James Nail Member ✭✭
    JohnWells thanks for this info! This has also worked for me. I had probably 15 budgets in the database and probably a good idea to delete them anyway. As a note I usually keep one budget with multiple years in the same budget. This is a nice feature and don't have to open a new budget to switch between years.
  • Smoothieusa
    Smoothieusa Member ✭✭✭
    JohnWells, thank you for your helpful solution. Your recommendation worked. The budget not synced parameter error message is gone. One exception to your steps - I'm no longer syncing to Quicken Cloud and no longer using Quicken Mobil app because of frustrating problems syncing desktop with Quicken Cloud has caused over the last month or so with Memorized Payee List (separate thread). Thanks again!
  • Where is the "reset Cloud data" ?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Rick A Mathies

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to ask your question.

The option to reset the cloud can be located by following the steps below:
    1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID, Mobile & Alerts.
    2. Click Reset your cloud data.
    I hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Thanks much... tried all of the above fixes but still get that The Budget ** was not synced. Parameter Name must be specified for this request. error... this is because there is an unnamed blank budget in my budget list that I can't delete or even access.

How can I get that blank not named budget deleted?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Rick A Mathies

Thank you for the response, may I ask that you please navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the release that you are currently running.

There have been several reports of this issue and some users are able to clear this issue by signing out or resetting the cloud, there does not appear to be an exact sequence that works every time.

Do you recall any changes that took place prior to this issue occurring?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Hi Tyka
    Version R31.12, Build 27.1.31.12

There have been no other issues that I have noticed... everything else seems to work just fine. Under the planning window, when you look in the Budget dropdown you can see this blank budget, but when you click on it, the program defaults to the current budget. It will select the budget for a second then revert to the current budget.
  • Jcj1708!
    Jcj1708! Member
    JohnWells is my hero ! December 2020
    His solution works well ....
  • HartMillett
    HartMillett Member ✭✭
    How do I specify a budget name?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @HartMillett

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you're experiencing this trouble.

I have moved your comment to an ongoing post for this issue that you are experiencing. There have been several reports of this issue, however, there is no known fix just yet.

If you have not done so already, please take a moment to navigate to Help > Report a Problem to report this issue. Please include a sanitized data file if comfortable. Please include the sync error as the subject.

After that has been completed, I would recommend the steps provided by @JohnWells

JohnWells said:
    The solution for me became apparent when I discovered that my cloud data was updating even though the message said sync failed. All EXCEPT the budget! I made a copy of the budget I was using (2020) and named the duplicate 2021 (since we're almost there). I deleted all my other budgets (2018, 2019, 2020). Then I did a "reset cloud data." Next I ran "One Step Update" which had no errors. Next I went to Mobile & Web tab and ran the Sync Now. No error message (Cloud data was not synced. Parameter Name must be specified). I logged into my https://app.quicken.com account and all the data is there including budget. Problem resolved!

Please let us know if these steps resolve the issue.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • I have tried John Wells suggested fixes and it did not work... I have sent a message to the Help - Report a problem... hope we can get this resolved.
This discussion has been closed.