Getting error message that mobile access is not enabled

BethB
BethB Member ✭✭
Is anyone else having issues with their mobile app not allowing access and stating that mobile access has not been enabled on the desktop version? It just started for us today. Getting the error on iphone, ipad and Samsung Galaxy 9 phone. I have verified that mobile access is enabled on the desktop.

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @BethB

Thanks for the update! It sounds like that is a really likely culprit in this case. I'm wondering if it might just not think you're not signed in potentially. Let's try signing out of the program then signing in. This should give us another thing to try to figure out exactly what's happening. I'll leave steps down below.

1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password (this screen is not a pop-up box)
    Once you've done this try syncing one more time and see if we're able to get it back up on the mobile app. Let us know how it goes!

Answers

• Quicken Francisco

Hello @BethB

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I'm wondering if it may just not think you have your cloud file enabled and needs to be reset. If you haven't already to start off here I would attempt to reset it by going on the computer and resetting it inside the program. You can do this by going across the top to edit > preferences > mobile & web > reset your cloud data. 

Once you've done this see if you're still unable to find the file on the mobile application. Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• BethB
    BethB Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, it didn't help. I wonder if it has something to do with a message that I am getting when I log into Quicken Desktop and it is syncing to the cloud. I am getting a message that states "Your data is being synced to our improved cloud service. This is a one-time process and may take several minutes". I have the message that it is complete yet the message has shown up every time I have logged into the desktop today. I never had the message before today. Prior to today my mobile apps worked just fine.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Answer ✓
    @BethB

Thanks for the update! It sounds like that is a really likely culprit in this case. I'm wondering if it might just not think you're not signed in potentially. Let's try signing out of the program then signing in. This should give us another thing to try to figure out exactly what's happening. I'll leave steps down below.

1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password (this screen is not a pop-up box)
    Once you've done this try syncing one more time and see if we're able to get it back up on the mobile app. Let us know how it goes!
  • BethB
    BethB Member ✭✭
    That seems to have worked. Thank you very much for your help. I am definitely puzzled on what caused it to happen but am thankful that you knew how to walk me through getting it to function again.
  • Quicken Francisco
    @BethB

Awesome to hear that it was able to work for you. It might of been a small error that occasionally happens but I'm glad to hear that  it's back up. If you do run into any other issues please let us know and we'll wake a look!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • BethB
    BethB Member ✭✭
    Well, the problem I had a few days ago happened again tonight. As before I got the message about my desktop updating for a better cloud experience. The message says it’s a one time event yet my program has given me the message multiple times.
  • BethB
    BethB Member ✭✭
    Will somebody please help me with a permanent solution to this? Once again today, I logged into my laptop and got the message about the cloud doing it's "one time update" which then kicked us out of our mobile apps and also removed all entries we had recorded in the mobile app since the last time I was able to link the app to the desktop. I've had this "one time" update message at least 5 times now. How do I get rid of it and restore my program to some kind of stability?
  • Quicken Francisco
    @BethB

Thanks for the update. I apologize for not responding sooner I have another idea in that we can try to delete and remake the cloud account. This should ideally give us the prompt only once at most one we've remade it. I'll leave the article on how to do so down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows

If you have any questions or run into any problems let us know!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • BethB
    BethB Member ✭✭
    I only have one data set. Are you saying I need to delete it and then somehow relink it? It definitely is getting old and frustrating to no longer have our transactions seamlessly transfer into the desktop version.
  • Quicken Francisco
    @BethB

In this case you'll need to make another file then. You don't need to have any accounts or anything added to it we just need to be able to repeat the steps You can do so by going across the top to file > new quicken file. From here you can name the file and continue going through the setup. Once you get to the add accounts screen you can close the box and continue with the previous steps. Let me know if this helps you out.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.