Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Savings Goals Sort

Quicken users should be able to sort both Savings Goal under Planning Tab and Savings Goals in the Account List.
15 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree! You need to vote this up yourself by selecting the small up triangle.
     user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
  • This completely frustrates me! I am retired and must save/budget for future big expenses. These expenses have different completion dates but are not entered in chronological order. Hence, my list of savings goals is chaotic. I NEED to be able to sort these to make sure I do not miss monthly contributions. I have put up with this issue for YEARS.
    Please fix this!!!
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
     I NEED to be able to sort these to make sure I do not miss monthly contributions.
    It is possible to set Savings Goals with Transfer Reminders. This eliminates missed savings and sets them to "auto pilot".

user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
  • bickjm
    bickjm Member
    so glad I am not the only one frustrated with the lack of improvements to the savings goals for about fifteen years!! Please, please, please - can you make it possible to sort and organize the savings goals? Sorting and grouping would be awesome!!!! :)
  • Yes Please, this has been a big issue for me, the sort in account list is fine, but does not translate to Planning view\tab. PLEASE correct
  • jusstdearoldmom
    jusstdearoldmom Member ✭✭
    Add me to the list of people who want to be able to organize the 'Your Savings Goals' screen. I use savings goals a *lot* and scrolling through most of them to monitor the ones that are a priority is time consuming and frustrating. Alphabetizing would be a great start! Ideally, I would be able to organize them by group or priority level.

How to do we get more people on this bandwagon?

To GeoffG, I make my contributions a bill, and process them the way I do any other regular bill. As the saying goes, "Pay yourself first".
  • Cyprian
    Cyprian Member ✭✭
    Please make this request a reality! It's sorely needed an a major oversight.
  • jusstdearoldmom
    jusstdearoldmom Member ✭✭
    Savings Goals are a wonderful tool, but checking on progress when I can't put them in order is extremely annoying. It should be simple to do! Just alphabetizing them would be a huge improvement!
  • Carla Schlenke
    Carla Schlenke Member ✭✭
    I agree! It's so frustrating to not be able to reorganize these lists.
  • imdcareys
    imdcareys Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 4
    Please add this ability to Savings Goals!

This got me so frustrated when I came back to Quicken, that I set up actual "Fund" accounts (Checking accounts with a Savings display option) to allocate savings to them on a regular basis. Their names start with S01-Emergency Fund, S02-Christmas Fund, S03-Property Tax Fund, etc. so they are sorted the way I want them. I use a separate account at my credit union to hold the total of all of the Fund accounts. 
    - Carey

QW Home, Business & Rental Property - R32.1 (27.1.32.10) Current as of 04/04. These change too fast to keep updating the version I'm on with every update that happens) 
  • BatmanAZ
    BatmanAZ Member
    Yes, please allow sorting options for "Your Savings Goals" page.