Unusual Charge from Quicken - its a small Credit Card verification transaction

BattyR
BattyR Member
My Quicken subscription doesn't expire for 2 week but today had a charge of $1.27 against my credit card from Quicken Inc. I am suspicious. Any thoughts?

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @BattyR

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to ask your question, although I apologize for any confusion this has caused.

This charge is a verification of the credit card on file with your Quicken.com account.  Quicken will perform a pre-authorization transaction to ensure the credit card on your account is up-to-date, so your subscription can be easily renewed.  This typically happens within 15 days of your subscription renewal date.  

You do not need to take any action.  The charge will be refunded automatically to your account.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Q subscription is considerably more than $1.27.  So, I'd contact the bank that issued the card and ask for an explanation.
    Also, verify your expiration date by doing HELP, About Quicken.  A "Membership valid thru" value can be found there.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @BattyR

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to ask your question, although I apologize for any confusion this has caused.

This charge is a verification of the credit card on file with your Quicken.com account.  Quicken will perform a pre-authorization transaction to ensure the credit card on your account is up-to-date, so your subscription can be easily renewed.  This typically happens within 15 days of your subscription renewal date.  

You do not need to take any action.  The charge will be refunded automatically to your account.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Buzz Norton
    Buzz Norton Member ✭✭
    I had the same experience, $1.28 charged to my credit card. Good to have the explanation. My annual payment is due Feb. 22
    Don Fraser
This discussion has been closed.