How do I modify an upcoming scheduled payment?

Late last year I set up a recurring scheduled payment. The second payment was scheduled for January 10 - no problem. I received notification that the payment will change next month. That payment will be due on February 10 and I went into modify that payment today (January 23) bit when I try to modify the entry Quicken tries to force me to modify the January 10 payment (which is not yet reconciled) and will not let me modify the February payment.

This seems to me to be fairly normal problem at this time of year as ongoing payments frequently change with the onset of the new year.

Best Answer

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    It sounds like you need to mark the Jan 10 payment as paid. Double click the transaction, then Mark as Paid. You will then be able to change either the single Feb 10 instance, or change all future instances by double clicking on the Feb 10 transaction.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• RickO
    Answer ✓
    It sounds like you need to mark the Jan 10 payment as paid. Double click the transaction, then Mark as Paid. You will then be able to change either the single Feb 10 instance, or change all future instances by double clicking on the Feb 10 transaction.
  • dborja
    dborja Member ✭✭
    How do I modify just the next instance of a scheduled transaction? I click on the three dots and only get a choice to modify the entire series. Double-clicking on the scheduled transaction does nothing.
  • RickO
    When you double click, it should open the transaction to edit the date and amount. Those are all you can change without marking as paid.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @dborja Try it in your register: double-click on the next instance of the transaction, which will be in gray. You can edit the date or amount. (If you don't see upcoming schedule transactions in your register, click on the little clock icon near the top right of your register, just above the column headings, and set Show Reminders to whichever period of time you want.) If you need to edit a different field, such as Memo/Notes, you'll need to mark it Paid and then edit it (the transaction can still be dated in the future).

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • dborja
    dborja Member ✭✭
    Thank you, RickO and Jacobs! That works. It would be nice, though, if the double-click works in the "Bills & Income" area since I pay bills using different Cash accounts. I could go to each register and edit there but I like having the capability in one place as I did in the application I'm coming from. It would also be nice if I can change the source account for the next instance as sometimes I do that.
This discussion has been closed.