Error with my529.org: Invalid certificate

jtenglish
jtenglish Member ✭✭
Error when downloading transactions from my529.org. This worked fine until a few days ago.

my529 - UESP is not responding. Please try again later.
(The certificate for this server is invalid. You might be connecting to a server that is pretending to be “ofx.uesp.org” which could put your confidential information at risk.)

Mac Version 6.0.3 (Build 600.37136.100)
macOS 11.1

Best Answer

• Richard Benson
    Richard Benson Member
    Answer ✓
    I spoke to My529 and they indicated their management has made a decision to no longer allow access for Quicken. They are grandfathering in those users who had previously connected their accounts to Quicken. But those of us who had not connected before they made the policy decision are out of luck. No way to connect and no downloadable .QFX data that can be uploaded into Quicken. If anyone knows of a way to pressure My529 on this, please pursue.

Answers

• lhossus
    lhossus SuperUser, Mac Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just checked: it appears a new certificate has now been installed for that server. I do not get an error at this time.

Try again.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • macOS Monterey 12.6 on MacBook Pro 13" M1
  • jtenglish
    jtenglish Member ✭✭
    I still get the error.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @jtenglish

Thank you for the response, although I apologize that this trouble persits.

I would deactivate the account and update the bank list and reactivate the account.

If you need assistance deactivating and reactivating, please take a moment to review the steps and information available here.

To update the bank list please see the following steps:

Select the (+) then select New, and choose the account type (or one of the account types) you want to add (for example Checking, Savings, Credit Card).

Click on My bank is not on the list at the bottom left corner.

Click the Update List button to start the refresh process then click Show List when the update is complete.

Then locate the My529 in the list and sign in, and LINK to the existing account in Quicken to reactivate.

Please let me know if the error persists after completing this step.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • RandyF
    RandyF Member ✭✭
    Hello @Quicken_Tyka,

I am also having trouble connecting to My529.org in the last few days. I am on a Windows subscription of Quicken. I have deactivated my account and then started to add a new account. In windows there is no option to Update List, but My529 does show up in the list. However when I enter my credentials for my account I still get an Error message:

"During the last online session, Quicken encountered an online error [OL-297-A]. Quicken is unable to establish an Internet connection. This may be due to a temporary server outage or your computer's settings."

This is the same error message I received before deactivating my account. All my other accounts download fine.

Windows 10
    Year 2020 Version R30.21 Build 27.1.30.21
  • jdaz72
    jdaz72 Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue as @RandyF
  • jtenglish
    jtenglish Member ✭✭
    No go with disconnect/reconnect or adding as new account. Same certificate error. I updated list which shows last updated as 1/9/21 (today)
  • mmorgan21
    mmorgan21 Member ✭✭
    This is on the UESP side. I sent them an email yesterday.
  • SEWeber48
    SEWeber48 Member
    I believe the problem lies with MY529 asking for a second authentication process by which you receive a second random code to input as part of the sign-in process. Both Quicken and MY529 need to work out this issue.
  • jtenglish
    jtenglish Member ✭✭
    I think you are on to something here. This error did start soon after my529 implemented 2FA. Probably not a coincidence.
  • Pam
    Pam Member ✭✭
    Any response from MY529 yet? I also emailed them this morning since I have the same problem with Quicken for Windows.
  • Philip Marvil
    Philip Marvil Member ✭✭
    Same problem. Also emailed My529. No response yet. Has worked solidly for years until a few days ago.
  • SEWeber48
    SEWeber48 Member
    I haven't received a response yet and intend to contact them again.
  • dntboles
    dntboles Member ✭✭✭
    Just emailed them
  • dntboles
    dntboles Member ✭✭✭
    My529 replied back and said they've contacted Quicken and are waiting to hear back.
  • Philip Marvil
    Philip Marvil Member ✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Also,heard from My529 that they have contacted Quicken and are waiting to hear back.
  • me
    me Member ✭✭✭
    my529 Info
    12:56 PM. 1/21/2021)

Thank you for contacting my529. We have put in a call to Quicken to resolve the issue and are waiting to hear back.

Sincerely,
    my529
  • goldman_2001
    goldman_2001 Member ✭✭
    Same here.
    Intuit/Quicken - please get on the ball and resolve this.
    Thank you.
  • Paul093
    Paul093 Member ✭✭
    Same issue here too. Was on another thread and someone linked to this one.
  • I e-mailed them as well to ask that they resolve this issue with Quicken.
  • ChrisEch2993
    ChrisEch2993 Member ✭✭
    Joining the ranks with this issue. I will put in a ticket with my529 as well... maybe they will light a fire under the issue with multiple notifications about the problem?
  • broter
    broter Member
    Me too! Quicken?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you are experiencing this trouble

At this time, there is no listed alert or known issue with My529, although I see that there are a handful of members here reporting issues with them.

As this Community is mainly user to user, we do not have the necessary tools to review log files and create escalations for online banking issues.

I would recommend contacting support directly for assistance. Support has the tools to generate help tickets, which the Community does not have. Tickets help gauge user impact which can then be used to open a ticket with our service providers if necessary.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Please be sure to communicate to support how long you have been experiencing this issue.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • jtenglish
    jtenglish Member ✭✭
    I no longer get the error so appears resolved, at least for me.
  • Philip Marvil
    Philip Marvil Member ✭✭
    Issue seems to have been resolved for me as well.
  • jcricket73
    jcricket73 Member ✭✭
    I'm seeing this resolved for a few folks - I never set up access, and I can't get it to work now. I know I'm entering the right username/password (b/c if I enter the wrong username/password I get a invalid credential error). But Quicken keeps reporting I need to "first agree to terms and conditions online"

I have 2FA set up at My529 and am accessing it via web site or mobile without issue (using Authy for the one-time 2FA tokens). But can't get this to connect via Quicken.

Any ideas?
  • Richard Benson
    Richard Benson Member
    Answer ✓
    I spoke to My529 and they indicated their management has made a decision to no longer allow access for Quicken. They are grandfathering in those users who had previously connected their accounts to Quicken. But those of us who had not connected before they made the policy decision are out of luck. No way to connect and no downloadable .QFX data that can be uploaded into Quicken. If anyone knows of a way to pressure My529 on this, please pursue.
  • dntboles
    dntboles Member ✭✭✭
    Problem seemed resolved for a bit but over the last few days I've consistently received an OL-295-A. I've emailed My529 back to find out what they're doing to fix this. The message also says to contact my529 - UESP at (800) 418-2551.
  • me
    me Member ✭✭✭
    Ditto and prior to this it always worked. Have they just turned off access?
  • dualshift
    dualshift Member ✭✭
    Mine hadn't worked since November 2020. I finally deactivated all my 529 accounts (3) and attempted to re-set it up last weekend. When that did not work, I e-mailed my529 support, stating that it wasn't working, it and it was one of the main reasons I chose UESP in the first place. They came back to me mid-week, saying that they had an issue over the weekend and it was resolved. I was just able to finish the online setup and download all the missing transactions since November!
  • me
    me Member ✭✭✭
    Synced successfully for me this AM.
This discussion has been closed.