USAA name changed, then Quicken stopped working

Sandi C
Sandi C Member
Why is this the only category I am allowed to use?
I successfully updated the USAA, though my credit card started a new account. I did nothing but look at the screen trying to think if I know a way to combine accounts, and Quicken disappeared. I can no longer access the program in any way. The shortcut is still on my desktop, but the program will not load. Any clues?

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @Sandi C,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, I recommend you try and simply restart your computer to see if that will allow you to open the program.

Should that not resolve the issue, then I recommend that you perform a clean uninstall/reinstall (this is different from simply uninstalling and reinstalling the program) which will clear out and replace the existing configuration files for Quicken (this does not affect any of your data and/or backup files).

To do so, please refer to this support article and scroll down to the section titled If the steps above do not resolve the issue. Then, open and follow the instructions found in the blue dropdown sections titled First: Download and use QCleanUI and Second: Rename Quicken Shared Folders.

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @Sandi C,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, I recommend you try and simply restart your computer to see if that will allow you to open the program.

Should that not resolve the issue, then I recommend that you perform a clean uninstall/reinstall (this is different from simply uninstalling and reinstalling the program) which will clear out and replace the existing configuration files for Quicken (this does not affect any of your data and/or backup files).

To do so, please refer to this support article and scroll down to the section titled If the steps above do not resolve the issue. Then, open and follow the instructions found in the blue dropdown sections titled First: Download and use QCleanUI and Second: Rename Quicken Shared Folders.

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja
  • Sandi C
    Sandi C Member
    Thank you. Rebooting didn't help, but downloading a fresh copy of the program and running the uninstall/install did work. My credit card has the "fake" account number, and since it started a brand new credit card account, the positive is that I can tell the difference. I tried to change the number to the correct number and USAA does not acknowledge it. I do hope Quicken will be able to use real account numbers again, but without this much time invested to make the change work. It was good that it worked because I couldn't figure out the support article, and I could NOT get back into this community. I had to change my password finally to make an entrance, but since you were of help I decided it was worth another hour to let you know. (It should be easier to get Quicken help).
  • Quicken Anja
    @Sandi C Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear you got things working now. :)

Just for future reference; if you wish to receive immediate assistance, then you can contact Quicken Support directly via chat or phone through this link here.

Please, click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.
    -Quicken Anja
  • Sandi C
    Sandi C Member
    Thank you! I appreciate the help! And the way to save hours of frustration trying to get in touch with Quicken if there is a next time.
  • Quicken Anja
    @Sandi C Absolutely! You're welcome, happy to help. :)
    -Quicken Anja