Santander Bank Downloads

kevinweid
kevinweid Member ✭✭
Hi Everyone...Is anyone having a problem updating their Santander Checking account? I don't get any error, it just does pull the new transactions in.

I attempted:
1) Update Password in the download summary window that comes up (worked one time a week ago)
2) I was in the account went to Accounts>Settings>Downloads>Reset Connection (it reconnected to the bank but didn't pull anything over)

I have not gone to the extreme of clicking the "Disconnect Account" yet (should I?)

Thanks

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    @kevinweid & @dpf1947 thank you for trying those steps, though I'm sorry to hear that that did not resolve the issue for you.

Unfortunately, since the previous steps provided have failed thus far, at this point, I would recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support instead, for more extensive troubleshooting and possible escalation if they see fit.

I do apologize for being unable to resolve this for you from here in the Community.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Hello @kevinweid,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Quicken > About Quicken

So far, it sounds like you have taken the right troubleshooting steps, and I would recommend that you go ahead and proceed with deactivating and reactivating the account(s), but also removing any previously saved Santander login credentials in Keychain Access for Quicken.

To do so, first, please check and make sure you do not have any hidden accounts that may be connected to this financial institution.
    1. Go to the Accounts menu and choose Hide and Show Accounts
    2. Uncheck any accounts with this specific financial institution that are checked as hidden in Lists
    After that, please follow the troubleshooting instructions below.
    1. Deactivate each account associated with this financial institution (Open the account register and navigate to the Settings-gear on the bottom-right > click the Downloads tab > click Disconnect Account)
    2. Quit Quicken
    3. Open Finder and navigate to Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access app
    4. On the left panel in the Keychain Access app, set the Keychains to Login and the Category to Passwords
    5. Search for the financial institution's name in the top-right search field and delete any entries found showing "Quicken password for [your financial institution username] at [financial institution name] "
    6. Quit the Keychain Access app and reopen Quicken
    7. Navigate to Accounts > New and choose the appropriate account type for the accounts that you previously deactivated (if there are more than one account type then choose Checking)
    8. At the bottom of the window showing the list of the financial institutions, click on the "My bank is not listed" question mark icon, then click Update List
    9. Wait for the list to finish updating and Updated: " displays the current date.
    10. Click the Show List button to continue
    11. Use the search field at the top of the list to find and select your financial institution and click Continue
    12. Follow the prompts to sign in using your login credentials associated with the financial institution
    13. If the accounts have been found successfully - use the dropdown menus to link each account to the appropriate account name you have set up in Quicken
    Please, check back and let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• kevinweid
    kevinweid Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Anja ... I really thought that was going to fix it, I can't see why it didn't. But I still have a lot of "Posted" transactions that are not coming into Quicken for some reason (not since the 20th). Bet even today it's says 19 transactions downloaded?
  • dpf1947
    dpf1947 Member ✭✭
    I've had the same problem as well since 1/8.... Have tried all the troubleshooting procedures read in here and still nothing... The 13 step procedure above is unbelievable if this turns out to be a Quicken issue - a lot of work for the 'average' user!
  • Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    @kevinweid & @dpf1947 thank you for trying those steps, though I'm sorry to hear that that did not resolve the issue for you.

Unfortunately, since the previous steps provided have failed thus far, at this point, I would recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support instead, for more extensive troubleshooting and possible escalation if they see fit.

I do apologize for being unable to resolve this for you from here in the Community.

-Quicken Anja

• kevinweid
    kevinweid Member ✭✭
    > @dpf1947 said:
    > I've had the same problem as well since 1/8.... Have tried all the troubleshooting procedures read in here and still nothing... The 13 step procedure above is unbelievable if this turns out to be a Quicken issue - a lot of work for the 'average' user!

I agree and as a home user just using it to track utilities from year to year I am questioning if I should let me subscription renew on the 12th.
    It would be different if I were a business, but if I want a graph of my water bill over the last 12 months I could always go to their website.
  • earle.lane
    earle.lane Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same problem. The balance in the account updates correctly, but the transactions do not transfer into Quicken.
  • danlapin
    danlapin Member ✭✭✭
    I'm in the same boat. i deactivated online access then reactivated and still didn't solve the issue.
  • Vedanta
    Vedanta Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same problem. I too tried all the steps outlined in earlier postings. Doesn't look like it's a Santander problem. I do hope the cause is diagnosed soon and there is resolution. If anyone is able to solve the problem, please let the rest of us know how you did it. Thanks.
  • I am having the same problem since about the 1/12. Transactions do not come in, yet the online balance shown at the bottom is correct. Did a chat with Quicken yesterday. Went thru several steps but have not solved the problem yet. You would think Quicken would address this issue
  • dcappadona
    dcappadona Member ✭✭
    I too have the same problem. I did activate the download button above the checking account transaction page on the Santander online banking site. The file downloads as a QFX and once clicked on, automatically uploads to Quicken as it used to do. It's annoying but better than entering data by hand.
  • trnjmjk
    trnjmjk Member ✭✭
    No errors, but transactions have not been downloading for a week or more. Anyone else having the issue?
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @trnjmjk -  Do you mean Santander and not Santandar?
    Assuming you mean Santander:  Have you tried any of these troubleshooting processes?  Oftentimes one of these will resolve this kind of issue.
    • Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Update now.
    • Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit account details > Online Services tab > Reset Account.
    • Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit account details > Deactivate > Set up Now. During this set up process, make sure to link the download to your Santandar account already in Quicken if/when prompted.  This process might also download some transactions into your register that are duplicates of what is already entered there.  If this happens, you will need to manually delete the duplicates.  (This should not happen, again, with future downloads.)
    Also, there is another thread from earlier this month that sounds like it might be similar the one you describe:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7887017/santander-bank-downloads.  Some in this thread ended up resorting to Web Connect (manually downloading the transactions file in QFX format from online Santander account).  It's not ideal but it can be a helpful workaround until your OSU issue is resolved.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• trnjmjk
    trnjmjk Member ✭✭
    Yes have tried all of that. This seems to happen very often with Santander. I'll try again tomorrow. Thanks
  • This has been happening for over a week for me too. The online balance is updating, but no transactions are coming down, I can update with QFX file but that is a pain. I reached out to support and they told me it was not a quicken issue I should talk to the bank. It is weird that it happened right after the last quicken software update. This seems to happen on and off with Santander accounts. Support was not very helpful
  • trnjmjk
    trnjmjk Member ✭✭
    Thanks. At least it's not just me. I've had on and off issues with Santander synch forever but this is the longest with no downloads.
  • danlapin
    danlapin Member ✭✭✭
    Hello, anyone else is having an issue downloading transactions for Santander bank?
  • gtyyup
    gtyyup Member ✭✭
    I'm having issues downloading transactions for Valley Credit Union. This is as of today when some sort of "cloud" upgrade happened. I was able to download my Chase CC though.
  • dpf1947
    dpf1947 Member ✭✭
    Santander Updates came alive this morning for first time since Jan 8th... Got updates before applying the latest Quicken update - must have been a Santander Issue.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    [Removed Steps]
    ~~~***~~~
  • Vedanta
    Vedanta Member ✭✭
    My problem with downloads from Santander seems to be solved now since the last two days. I didn't do anything special. It just resumed downloading on its own! I'm happy, but have no idea what had gone wrong.
  • dcappadona
    dcappadona Member ✭✭
    The issue with no downloads has now turned into an issue with multiple entries of the same transaction. Have deleted many multiples over last 3-4 days. Thought I was over it but this am got newest transaction twice. but at least just one transaction and not multiples! Anybody else with this new problem?
  • quickQz
    quickQz Member
    Hello,

I recently purchased a subscription to Quicken Deluxe and after setting up my accounts from Santander Bank using Express Web Connect, I found that all my spending transactions beginning in 2021 for my Checking Account (Savings is fine) have duplicates, which is throwing off the accuracy of my budget and reports tremendously.

If I remove the duplicate transaction, my account balance then increases rather than simply removes the transaction from existence and becomes inaccurate from the real balance, even when syncing.

I have tried:
    - Deleting duplicate transactions
    - Deactivating the online services, restarting, and re-connecting
    - Deleted, rebooted, and re-added the account

Per the Support site, I tried contacting the Santander Bank via the Tools > Online Center > Contact info but the email provided is undeliverable (per Google)

Any advice would be great, otherwise there's no point in keeping the software if I'm going to input it all manually, which I've been doing and was the purpose of upgrading.

Thanks!
  • quickQz
    quickQz Member
    EDIT: Each transaction has a different Download ID
  • dpf1947
    dpf1947 Member ✭✭
    I did have the same problem when the feed came back - no updates since that first update for me... Will watch out for them - looks like Santander problems with their feed...
  • bernien99
    bernien99 Member ✭✭
    I'm experiencing similar issues
  • BigRed
    BigRed Member
    I've been dealing with simial problems for about a month now. I first noticed that I had no transactions downloaded between 1/11 and 1/25. I contacted Quicken support and after trying a few basic steps they said the problem was with the bank. Then the transactions started downloading but duplicating, I again got in touch with support, which wasn't all that helpful. All duplicate transactions have different Download IDs.

I finally ended up opening a support ticket with the bank. Someone is supposed to get back to me tomorrow morning.

I will provide an update as soon as I have something relevant.
  • danlapin
    danlapin Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    I've been having this issue for about a week. How can I correct this besides deleting manually?

Best,
  • GibbyCJ
    GibbyCJ Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    [Removed-Off Topic]
  • GibbyCJ
    GibbyCJ Member ✭✭✭
  • bernien99
    bernien99 Member ✭✭
    Same problem here with Santander
This discussion has been closed.