Giving up on Quicken Cloud Sync

I think I'm going to give up on Quick Cloud sync for awhile...after spending several days resetting the Cloud data, resolving sync issues in my local files, trying again just to have to do it all over again I'm done.

The latest, I've reset the Cloud data, removed all but 1 account from synching...in the Cloud only the 1 account is visible, but the "Recent transactions" has data from accounts that are not in the file.

To top it off, now I have 100 $0 Bill reminders!

Come on Quicken get it together. I'm going to go play around with [Removed - Solicitation]! We need a tool that is both desktop friendly and mobile friendly. I have loved Quicken, been a faithful user since 2000 but find myself getting frustrated almost every time I sit down to use the tool.

I am tempted to start over with a new Quicken file and see if things are better, but hate to lose 20-years of Investing data.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Hello @ChrisBro

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your experience and feedback with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.
    May I ask that you please navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the release that you are currently running? There have been a few known issues with the sync process that should be remedy with the recent release.
    Please let me know!
    -Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • ChrisBro
    ChrisBro Member
    I cannot remember if the last round of issues occurred before or after my update...currently running R31.6 Build 27.1.31.6.

I am nervous enabling sync again given how long it has taken to get the Bills, Categories, and Paycheck entries resolved...
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @ChrisBro,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

I understand your concern in re-enabling sync after the issues you have experienced. However, without re-enabling, we won't be able to confirm that the issue was remedied for you with the recent release. 

If it helps, I recommend that you save a backup first before re-enabling the sync. This way, if anything should go wrong, you will be able to restore the backup file and revert back to your file the way it was prior to the sync being re-enabled.

Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Thomas Wilson
    Thomas Wilson Member ✭✭✭
    Help!
    My comments moved into a new discussion entitled "Issues after installing latest update", which seems to have disappeared (notification emails came from noreply+d7887654-s6031128@quicken.com).
  • Quicken Anja
    Help!
    My comments moved into a new discussion entitled "Issues after installing latest update", which seems to have disappeared (notification emails came from noreply+d7887654-s6031128@quicken.com).
    Hello @Thomas Wilson,

I believe I have found the thread you are looking for (see link below).

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7887654/issues-after-installing-latest-update

-Quicken Anja

• Thomas Wilson
    Thomas Wilson Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks Anja!
  • Quicken Anja
    @Thomas Wilson You're welcome! Happy to help. :)

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.