Bank of America Connectivity Issues

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Bank of America 2FA.

Comments

• Pucci2
    Pucci2 Member
    i, like others, am extremely frustrated here. i just spent 90 minutes getting tossed around with BofA support people. The dont seem to understand the concept of MFA and/or Trusted sites. The idea that i am successfully downloading from other institutions is perplexing to them. They don't seem to understand why i find this to be an annoyance.

i can see from my BofA account that there are no third party trusted sites enabled, but no one is able to tell me how to get it trusted.

they ended the call with saying that i needed to talk to Quicken because its their product causing the problem, even though i print screening the message that says its a Financial institution setting, not Quicken.

It is enough to make me want to stop dealing with BOA
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Pucci2,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize for the trouble you have experienced thus far.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Quicken > About Quicken

I would just like to clarify a few things in order to better assist you further.

Are you trying to add the account(s) to Quicken for the first time or do you already have the account(s) setup in Quicken and are now unable to download transactions successfully anymore? If it's already been added to Quicken, how many Bank of America accounts are you experiencing this issue with? Are you receiving any error code(s) and/or message(s) when trying to connect/add the account(s) that you can provide us with?

Please, check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• terrysg
    terrysg Member
    I too have this issue. It is the 2020 Windows subscription. I had been able to download transactions until Nov. It will not even ask me to have a text sent to confirm with a code. It gives no errors just will not include B of Am. I have two accounts and neither one downloads. I can not even export from B of Am to Quicken. Very Frustrated.
  • bkdanner
    bkdanner Member ✭✭
    Similar issue trying to set up a BOA account, I have been getting CC-502 repeatedly for at least last 2 weeks.
    Quicken Year: 2020
    Version: R31.12
    Build: 27.1.31.12
  • haavey
    haavey Member
    I have 2020 windows subscription. I have not been able to download my transactions for two weeks. It will ask me for the text code and looks like it's going out to get my info but nothing comes back. No errors.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @haavey

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community although, I apologize that you haven't received a response.

First, please navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the release that you are running.

Next, to clarify is your financial institution Bank of America? Last, do you ever receive the code from the financial institution, or is that the issue you are trying to resolve.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Marco G
    Marco G Member ✭✭
    edited February 2021
    It's so frustrating. With [Removed - Solicitation] I am able to download my 3 BoA accounts with Quicken I get an error message with any connection type except web connect. It's clearly an issue of Quicken because other finance softwares are able to pull the data automatically. I am testing quicken and when this issue isn't solved in 1 week I want my money back.
  • Marco G
    Marco G Member ✭✭
    > @Marco G said:
    > It's so frustrating. With [Removed - Solicitation] I am able to download my 3 BoA accounts with Quicken I get an error message with any connection type except web connect. It's clearly an issue of Quicken because other finance softwares are able to pull the data automatically. I am testing quicken and when this issue isn't solved in 1 week I want my money back.

Issue is resolved. My quicken file was corrupted and setting up a new one fixed the problem for me.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    @Marco G Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear your issue has been resolved. :)

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.