Certain categories/transactions are not showing up in online Spending by Category or Payee Reports

I'm struggling to understand why some transactions/categories are not showing up when I'm using Quicken Online and reviewing the default reports under the Spending tab. Under both "Spending by Category" and "Spending by Payee" I can see all the transactions in the detailed breakdown below the pie chart summary, but it seems some transactions aren't being captured in the pie chart summary.

For example - I have 3 rent payments that I can see listed, all under Education:Rent category and they won't show up in summary pie chart yet I can see them listed in the details below and the one other transaction under the Education:Tuition category shows up. I tried changing the category name in case there was something wrong with it but that didn't work... and I tried moving the expenses to a different category and they still didn't show up. The only thing I can figure is that they're done as a "Transfer" payment from my chequing account to a 3rd party individual vs a "Payment" on visa or debit card. I don't understand why that still wouldn't be a "Spending transaction" since it's not just an internal transfer from one of my accounts to another?

When I'm using the Mac App the categories/transactions show up fine in the standard Pie graph reports from the home page (I know the Mac version has all kinds of other issues with reporting).

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @scottlees

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I was wondering why it might not be showing properly. Let's try seeing if we're able to get it synced properly by resyncing on your mac application. You can do so by going across the top to Quicken > Preferences > connected services > reset. 

Once you've done this see if we're still experiencing the same issue. If we are let us know and we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Answer ✓

Hello @scottlees

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I was wondering why it might not be showing properly. Let's try seeing if we're able to get it synced properly by resyncing on your mac application. You can do so by going across the top to Quicken > Preferences > connected services > reset. 

Once you've done this see if we're still experiencing the same issue. If we are let us know and we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• scottlees
    scottlees Member ✭✭
    That worked Francisco - Thanks! Is there a reason that things would 'go out of sync' like that? Just wondering if it's something I did or something I need to make sure I'm not I'm doing to have that issue again. Thanks.
  • Quicken Francisco
    @scottlees

Glad to hear it worked for you. Occasionally the mobile app and the desktop get out of sync so to get it back we just need to reset the cloud. It's not a common occurence so you should be fine for quite a while. If you do run into any other issues please let us know and we'll take a look.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.