Joining an old credit card account to a new card

Just had to replace my credit card due to a fraudulent charge.
How do I create the new account and join to to the old one?

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Michael Fash

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. Generally when you need to change cards you'll want to deactivate and reactivate the account so that we're able to reconnect the download. The one thing if you do this you may get duplicate transactions when doing that. Another option you have is creating the new account and transferring the old transactions to the new account.  Either way you'll want to start with deactivating the old account.

First thing I'll recommend is to save a backup to revert back to just in case. You can find how to do so down below. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Next we'll try deactivating all of the accounts. You can do so by following the article listed down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

Once you've done this you can choose to add the account as a new account or reconnect the account. You have the choice when you connect the account again. To do this you can go to Accounts > New > (account type). Once you've chosen and signed into the bank you'll get the option to connect as new or link to an existing account.

If you choose to make it as a new account you can find where the break happens between each account. From the old account you'll select the first transaction to not appear so it's highlighted. Then go to the oldest transaction in your register which should be an opening balance and hold SHIFT on your keyboard and click on the transaction everything in-between should be highlighted. From there click and drag the transactions to the new account. You'll then want to go to the new register and search up opening balance and delete the newer of the two. 

Once you get a chance let us know if this helps you out. If you have any questions please let us know.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

This discussion has been closed.