Cash Account: Why does the Account Bar on the left side show an incorrect balance?

Noticed register balance and account bar balance did not match. Common problem reported many times.
For CASH accounts reconciling option is replaced with an UPDATE BALANCE option. This did not work for me as expected.
What I did to fix the discrepancy was to select ALL transactions (~1,100) in the register using SHIFT key and two mouse clicks. Then I changed the RECONCILE STATUS (right click on any transaction) of the transactions from RECONCILED to NOT RECONCILED. Presto...the balances in the register and account bar now matched. Then I used the UPDATE BALANCE option to set the balance to zero - which is what I intended to do from the start.
Cheers!
D

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @dirkelstein

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. It sounds like you were able to fix it for one of your accounts. Did you have this issue with multiple accounts? If you're still having an issue could you let us know what type of account it is. As you've said some other users also have had the same issue so we can take a look to see what we're able to find out.

Please let us know more when you get the chance.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco