Why can't I add a "Bill Reminder" in "Add" tab of Bills & Income?

I can add "Income Reminder" or "Transfer Reminder" but not a "Bill Reminder".

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

More details, please. What happens when you try to add a Bill Reminder?
    Do you use Quicken Mac or Quicken for Windows?
    What version, edition level and release of Quicken are you using?   US or Canadian version?
    Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to get this information.
    What version of Windows or Mac OS are you using?

• DVZ
    DVZ Member
    I am using Quicken for Windows--US version R31.12 build 27.1.31.12
    Windows 10 Pro 20H2 version
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    The word "reminder" is missing after "manual bill", but selecting that will add a bill reminder.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • DVZ
    DVZ Member
    Don't understand your answer.

When I click on "BILLS & INCOME" (in a blue banner) and then click on "Add" tab (just below banner in upper right), all that drops down on my screen in the box is:

Income Reminder
    Transfer Reminder

(clearly not the same as you've shown)
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 10
    Click on Manage Manual Bills and Income (right next to Add).  Use the Add button and select Bill, Manual.  That should get you there.  (That is from the Projected Balances sub-tab). Alternately, you can use Tools to reach Manage Manual Bills and Income Reminders. 
    NOTE: the options change depending on which sub-tab you are using and whether you use online bills.  If you are in the Bills sub-tab, the + will give the option for online or manual bills.
    Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    There's a couple of things going on here. Under "Bills & Income" in the blue banner, you may see 3 choices: Bills, Income & Transfers, and Projected Balances. Or you might see only 2: Bills, Income & Transfers (combined into one) and Projected Balances. This is under the control of the user preference "Navigation > Combine Bills, Income & Transfers", also accessible via the gear in the Bills tab.

When the preference is set to combine them (as I have mine set), you will see what I posted in the screen shot in my previous post. Your preference to combine them is not set. So you must go to the Bills "sub-tab" of Bills & Income and click on the + sign to see the option to add bills.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    As an aside, I find this bit of Quicken's user interface overly complicated and I never use it. Instead I go straight to Tools > Manage Bills & Income Reminders (CTRL-J) and create & manage all my reminders there.
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 10
    As an aside, I find this bit of Quicken's user interface overly complicated and I never use it. Instead I go straight to Tools > Manage Bills & Income Reminders (CTRL-J) and create & manage all my reminders there.
    I agree.  The only reason I go to Bill Manager (B&I tab) is because the Projected Balances graph/data are there.  If they were to add a PB link to Tools or make it a separate tab, I would never use the B&I portion of Quicken.  I wonder if the complex user interface is something they adapted from the online bills/payments provider.
    Quicken user since 1995
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    jrich75 said:
    I agree.  The only reason I go to Bill Manager (B&I tab) is because the Projected Balances graph/data is there.  If they were to add a PB link to Tools or make it a separate tab, I would never use the B&I portion of Quicken.  I wonder if the complex user interface is something they adapted online bills/payments provider.

That function already exists. You can add an icon to the Quicken Toolbar, "Go to Bills > Projected Balances", for a quick one-click jump to this view.
    Click View / Customize Toolbar.
    Find the option in the left column, click "Add ->" and it'll appear in the right column, as in my example. Be sure to have "show all toolbar choices" checkmarked.

• jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 10
    @UKR,
    Thank you for that.  I had never clicked the Show all box before so I didn't realize all the icon toolbar options that are available.
    NOTE: a little glitch I had was that when I stopped displaying the B&I tab, the icon disappeared.  I went back to Customize Toolbar and found the option for just Projected Balances that displays the icon without the Go to Bills.
    Quicken user since 1995