My account data reports for 2020 and 2021 were suddenly eliminated in part or in whole? ca

I cannot generate a category summary or a tax report for 2020. I've spent hours online and no one seems able to help. Can you?

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @stone

Thank you for the additional details, although I apologize that you have not received a follow-up response.

If you appear to be missing data or the data does not appear to be in order when viewing the register. Please navigate to the register and select the Date Column.

This will then sort the register by date and put everything back in order.

Please let me know if this corrects this issue.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Is it that you can't create the reports, or that Quicken says there's no data to display? If it's the latter, there's a good chance you've accidentally opened an older version of your data file which pre-dates 2020. If it's the former, well, that requires some additional digging for information, as I haven't heard of anyone having problems with reports not working.

Let's start with some basics:
    • What version of Quicken are you running (under Quicken > About Quicken)?
    • What version of macOS are you running?
    • If you open one of your account registers, are you seeing your recent data, like all your transactions so far in 2021, and back through 2020?
    If you click on Reports > Tax > Tax Schedule, are you seeing the message "You have no transactions for the selected settings"? If so, that's likely because the report defaults to the current year, and you have no tax transactions yet in 2021. Click Edit, and set the Date Range to Last Year. Do you get a report now? 

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • stone
    stone Member
    Quicken 6.1.1, Mac OS 10.15.7. In my check register, I saw 2020 through end of November, December had disappeared. I added it manually. 2019 remained just fine. Capital One I think is complete but data totally jumbled by category and date. Data for January 2021 was in part. I completed manually. Reports are apt to be for two month e.g. February and March 2020 only.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @stone

Thank you for the additional details, although I apologize that you have not received a follow-up response.

If you appear to be missing data or the data does not appear to be in order when viewing the register. Please navigate to the register and select the Date Column.

This will then sort the register by date and put everything back in order.

Please let me know if this corrects this issue.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.