Edward Jones Direct Connect

Options
My connection to Edward Jones has been unreliable for all of 2021. I get error OL-220-A. Are others experiencing this issue?

Best Answer

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I haven't had a lot of activity in my 5 EJ accounts, but they have all been downloading as expected.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I haven't had a lot of activity in my 5 EJ accounts, but they have all been downloading as expected.

• Cowboy Tom
    Options
    Thanks for your reply and I am glad to hear you aren't having issues. When a tech support person tells me "you are the only one I know of that is having this problem", I reply by saying "thank you for making me feel special".
    Tom
  • johnmcdonnellb52
    Options
    You're not the only one having issues. My 3 accounts stopped working around the end of January, after first insisting my password was wrong. It worked after a password reset, but has stopped again.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Edward Jones implemented a security system awhile back that filters access from programs like Quicken based on the IP address.  If your ISP has caused a change in your external IP address, login to the EJ website using your computers browser so that they can capture/recognize your latest IP.
    After that, try doing the EJ download in Quicken.

• Cowboy Tom
    Options
    Thanks for the comments from john and splasher. My latest status is that the EJ on-line access team made a fix that has worked for about two weeks now. My issue did not seem to be the IP address issue, because logging on to EJ website did not help. They must have gotten away from that IP usage model because that would not work with people who travel or use different ISP's on different computers or use VPN software. It took a long time to get EJ's attention and then for them to be convinced the problem was on their end (and not Quicken's). Once past those hurdles, they fixed it in a couple of days. Here is hoping it lasts this time!
  • SteveM0101
    Options
    Turn off VPN.

I have recently been having the same issue. Logging in with a browser no longer seems to correct the issue. I have found that currently (starting late Jan 2021) that the issue only occurs for me, when I have the McAfee Total Protection VPN on. You may be experiencing something similar. If you have a VPN running try turning it off.
  • R Hyde
    R Hyde Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have the same issue
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd like to suggest that you contact Edward Jones.  Do not allow the tier one support rep blow you off.  Ask to speak with their supervisor and don't give up.  Tell them you have reported this to Quicken, but it is not a Quicken issue.
    I have gotten a phone call back from EJ support, so they know about it, but don't think it is their issue, but the fact that running a second time to get it to work points at their security system that they implemented in April/May 2020 not working as it has up until 2/15.

• Cowboy Tom
    Options
    My current status is that direct connect to EJ works about 90% of the time even with VPN turned on. I have seen cases where my IP address has changed and yet it continued to work. Then I have also seen cases where the IP hasn't changed, but direct connect starts to fail. In that event, I have been able to get am update done by logging in to my account on the website, ticking the "Remember my computer" box, and doing the update while still logged on.

It feels like EJ software version control is no good and they keep reverting back to versions that have issues relative to direct connect with Quicken.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Turn off VPN.

I have recently been having the same issue. Logging in with a browser no longer seems to correct the issue. I have found that currently (starting late Jan 2021) that the issue only occurs for me, when I have the McAfee Total Protection VPN on. You may be experiencing something similar. If you have a VPN running try turning it off.
    I don't and have never used VPN, so it isn't strictly caused by VPN usage.
    I encourage all to call EJ support and don't let them brush you off at Tier One, request a supervisor.

This discussion has been closed.