Chase deposits and transfers are not downloading.

bwca7
bwca7 Member ✭✭
The last time I reconciled was on 12/2/2020. Everything was perfect. I just tried downloading today and I got everything except my transfers and deposits! Needless to say, my Quicken balance varies DRASTICALLY from what Chase says. And we all know that the bank balance is always behind.

So, what's up? Quicken shows me severely in the red (and I'm not).

I'm downloading debits, just no credits. It all seems to have happened since the 1-time cloud transfer that I was forced to do. Coincidence?

This is not a credit card account. It is a standard checking account.

[removed-rant]

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @bwca7,

Sorry that you are having issues with your Chase account.  Can you give us more information on what you've called  the "1-time cloud transfer that I was forced to do"?  I haven't ever heard of such a thing.

Thanks.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• bwca7
    bwca7 Member ✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Nope, Sorry. Happened during my one-step update one day. The window said that Quicken was migrating to a improved cloud service and that I would have to re-sync my entire file. Based on how long it took, it seems like I resent the whole thing! [removed-rant]
  • d2ramsey
    d2ramsey Member ✭✭
    I'm having problems with Chase and Vanguard after release R30.14 Build 27.1.30.14. Both accounts have run fine for several years. Quicken changed the type of download from Express Web Connect to Web Connect so one-step no longer works. I tried resetting account, deactivating and reactivating to no avail. I tried to add a new account at Chase and linking with the existing account in Quicken but the drop down for linking is not available. Quicken reports that "Web connect does not support download for brokerage accounts." So, Quicken thinks the Chase account is a brokerage account but Chase says the account is shown as a "checking account." The Vanguard account has a similar problem.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @bwca7

Sorry to hear about that happening to your file.  I would suggest that you contact Quicken Support first thing tomorrow - here's the LINK.

Good luck!

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• d2ramsey
    d2ramsey Member ✭✭
    Thanks Frankx. I spent about an hour with them before coming here and they finally said it was a Chase error and they could not help, contact Chase. Of course, Chase said it was a Quicken error. Looks like Quicken may now recognize the problem and be working on a solution.
  • bwca7
    bwca7 Member ✭✭
    Still having problems with transfers downloading. Not getting any downloads between savings and checking accounts. I've tried multiple things. The trick of checking and then unchecking one of the boxes in Preferences seems to work a little bit but not completely.

When you go to Preferences - Downloaded Transactions - then check the box "Automatically add to register". Let anything in the background clear out. Then uncheck that box. It worked once but not completely.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @bwca7

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a follow-up response.

If this is a recurring situation, where at least one posted transaction is missing from multiple/subsequent downloads the account is connected using Express Web Connect this may be able to be escalated through Quicken Support.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

To verify that the account is connected via Express Web Connect, please navigate to Tools > Account List and choose "Edit" and choose "Online Services, the connection type will be listed here.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.