Can't select an item in a report?

I generate a report for a project that's being done. I can't select anything in the report. I can't stroke or double or anything to select any item or the total. I have to generate a PDF to be able to do this. I must be missing something. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks very much.

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    What report are you using? And what version of Quicken are you running?

You should be able to click on a transaction in a report and have it jump to that transaction in the register, in a new window. Is that what you are trying to do? 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • tvpro@
    tvpro@ Member ✭✭
    It's Quicken 6.1.1. Thanks for the helpful tip that clicking a item takes me to the entry. That's handy for copying an item value, but I can't copy the total. I just wanted to put it in an email. Very surprised that none of the items could be selected as in a PDF or other document. Thanks again.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Since clicking on a transaction amount opens a window showing that transaction in a register, there's no way to copy the amount in the report. My guess is that the developers didn't want to make clicking on a subtotal or total do something completely different (allow you to highlight and copy) than clicking on an individual transaction amount.

So if you want to copy and paste subtotals or totals, you're right, you can't do it in the report. But you can get there in just two clicks: Print, PDF>Open in Preview. From the on-screen preview, you can copy and paste. Then you can close the preview. (That is, there's no need to generate the PDF, open it, copy the values you need, close it, and delete the PDF.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • tvpro@
    tvpro@ Member ✭✭
    Thank you again. That's a good explanation of the thinking behind this. It would be nice if a single item could be stroked to select it. You can often do this with text that is also a link.
This discussion has been closed.