Security

Has Quicken secure user information of any kind been stolen, compromised or hacked in any form in the last 4 months form Quicken, or Quicken servers?

Best Answer

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021 Answer ✓
    TJ102 said:
    Has Quicken secure user information of any kind been stolen, compromised or hacked in any form in the last 4 months form Quicken, or Quicken servers?
    Hello @TJ102

Our teams have constant monitoring in place to detect any kind of potential breach or attack and I can confirm that we have never experienced a security breach.

For more information on how Quicken protects your financial information please visit here.

I hope this information is helpful, thank you.

Sarah

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flagged for a moderator to respond, anything a user can state is hearsay.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TJ102
    The last 4 months is a pretty specific time frame. Did something happen with your accounts in that time frame that made you think there may have been a data breach?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• oldngrmpy1
    oldngrmpy1 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I lost a whole lot of information last Nov with this cloud stuff. Something just doesn't seem right and I thought is was a fair question to ask. I was one of the first to experience problems (back then), about what eventually turned out to be a cloud sync problem. I was highly offended by the way support worked with me as they said in so many words that I didn't know what I was doing, and that I must have overwritten about 20 back up files by mistake, and that is why info was gone. Something isn't right with all this cloud sync stuff, as there are people still with problems, and they seem to be working with support 1 on 1, they ask questions about what's going on etc, many posts just seem to disappear or are never answered. Just an uncomfortable feeling I have. There has just NEVER been any discussion from anyone from above or a single word mentioned in the monthly newsletters about if there is their still a problem, what's been done etc, or speculation when things will be fixed. after I lost about all info from my checking account for 14 years, and when I tried restoring over and over until all my data sets locked up, then was told it was my fault, now every time  I do anything that the cloud may scrutinize, I grimace wondering if I still have any transactions left when I reopen. When things become overly quiet it isn't necessarily because things may be running in a stellar manner. If there are still problems, I'm wondering if I should just cut my losses by discontinuing to use Quicken. I don't expect you to know and you won't know or would not be able to say if you did. It will be a few at the top only. So I'd just like to know, so I asked. If there is or was a breach I would just like to know, so I figure they'll ignore this post, lie about the answer, play ignorance or continue to just keep quiet. I'm just having a hard time trying to assume that Quicken finally reached perfection, so there are no more problems, thus the quiet nature that currently exists. I'd just appreciate an honest answer to a fair question question.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Your first question implies a completely different thing than your second post does.

Your first one implies that your information was stolen by someone and then maybe used to access your financial institution accounts.

Your second post on the other hand is about how the Quicken cloud sync and problems you are having with it.

The first question about any kind of security breach could only be answered by Quicken Inc, and as such that is what @splasher said and flagged it for a moderator, that may or may not post something official on this.

The second question well there aren't long threads on this, but there have certainly a lot of them, and some have been merged together by the moderators.

Quicken cloud sync is buggy, there isn't any doubt in my mind about it, it has had times were it is better, and times it is worse.  It is in one of those "worse" times judging by some of the posts.   It certainly can corrupt data files and the cloud account data itself.

The big problem here is other than "reset cloud" or "restore from backup", which of course have nothing to do with fixing the problem, they are purely workarounds, for not finding what the source of the problem is.  There isn't any tools that the user or the Moderators can employ.  Nothing is going to make the sync work right unless the developers find and fix the problems.  I personally don't think they are capable of doing that.  The system is just that flawed.  But the best any one that wants it to work can do is contact Quicken support or report the bug and hope that something they provide will lead to the developers finding one of the problems and fixing it.  I say one of them, because clearly it isn't just one problem.  What's more there seems to be a lot of ways to mess it up.

EDIT
    You might find this thread interesting:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7881548/what-features-in-quicken-dont-you-trust
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021 Answer ✓
    TJ102 said:
    Hello @TJ102

Our teams have constant monitoring in place to detect any kind of potential breach or attack and I can confirm that we have never experienced a security breach.

For more information on how Quicken protects your financial information please visit here.

I hope this information is helpful, thank you.

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.