One step update taking over an hour to complete!!!!!!!

bjcarr21
bjcarr21 Member ✭✭
Why do I pay a subscription fee for Quicken when it stalls, freezes, and locks up when trying to update my accounts using the one-step update?

Why is Quicken's performance inferior to other products that are available -- rather than addressing my issues?

[Removed-Argumenative]

I have written in the past about my Capital One accounts not updating. Yes, I disconnected and reconnected several times (that is Quicken's standard response). I also reported the problem using the link from the help menu. For the past few weeks, I have had to force Quicken to close because my one-step update was just frozen.

[Removed-Argumentative]

I am not complaining about paying a subscription fee. I am fine with paying the fee for a product that works. Right, now I am paying a subscription fee for nothing but frustration.

Best Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021 Answer ✓
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to leave your feedback. There are several different issues being reported on this post and I want to clarify which issues have been acknowledged and which I need more details on first. 

The bell or ding sound has been reported and a ticket has been opened, please see the discussion below to learn more.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7886786/after-updating-to-r31-5-i-now-hear-an-error-type-ding-sound

If you are experiencing a CC-501 error, please allow 24-48 hours before attempting to update once more, this error is often temporary. If you continue to experience trouble after 48 hours, please see the information here to contact support.

The original topic of this discussion is regarding slowness when running a One Step Update. If you are experiencing any other issues, I would recommend using the search bar to search the Community for a similar discussion or create a new post with additional details for better visibility.

UPDATE:

Thank you all for reporting this issue, this has been reported to our engineers and they are working towards a solution. Please visit the alert at the link below for more details.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7888650/new-2-13-21one-step-update-latency/p1?new=1

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

For those still receiving the error, can you please navigate to Help > Report a Problem to submit your logs so our Development and Product teams can further investigate this issue?

In the meantime, please wait at least 24 hours and try again later.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• lfisher
    lfisher Member
    Same issue for me
  • anschutzw
    anschutzw Member ✭✭
    After One Step Update took 15 minutes, I received a notification that several accounts needed "my attention" because of problems with the Quicken server. I turn my attention now to the Quicken server. Quicken server: Are you working?
  • Zieres
    Zieres Member ✭✭
    Is this all since the last update? I too have 20 minute update times. And today the same quicken server message.
  • AlbertoJ
    AlbertoJ Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem, just it never updates. This started to happen after Quicken acknowledge an issue few days ago and days later came back indicating "it has been resolved" Well, the issue is still there and I have not been able to upload any bank transaction for about two weeks. Good luck trying to get help from someone.
  • TEastwold
    TEastwold Member ✭✭
    Same issue here, took almost 30 min. to complete update of all of my online accounts. This is the second time. Acts like it's stuck but looking at the task manager Quicken continues to use 15% of my CPU during the process. 30 minutes later, it completes with about half of my account reporting CC-501 Quicken server errors. What's UP?
  • TEastwold
    TEastwold Member ✭✭
    I don't know whether it's relevant but to add to my previous post. For about the past week, whenever I use One Step Update and click update now, I get a "ding" like an error tone. Same thing happens when I update a single account and click Update Now - "Ding"....
  • Same issue here. And suddenly a bunch of errors flying. Wells Fargo - Account Mismatch (106); Citi, NelNet, B of A -- all not updating. Ridiculous.
  • WKing1943
    WKing1943 Member ✭✭
    Really tired of Quicken. Every time there is an update the program has other problems. I'm experiencing the same One Step Update problems along with the program hanging. Have to use Task Manager to even get out. The only thing that works is to update each account individually. Even then entries show up as Transfers, payouts instead of deposits, etc. It's an ongoing frustration to use it.
  • bahrbend
    bahrbend Member ✭✭
    edited February 2021
    [Removed-Rant]
  • Same issue as TEastwold. Get a "ding" when clicking on one step update like an error has occurred, and then I eventually get the CC-501 error message that Quicken server has a problem. Also, clicking on the Quicken Support chat button results in no response.
  • augustinejp
    augustinejp Member ✭✭
    Same for me, although portfolio prices were updated. Just no banking.
  • GermanBlueRam
    GermanBlueRam Member ✭✭✭✭
    > @TEastwold said:
    > I don't know whether it's relevant but to add to my previous post. For about the past week, whenever I use One Step Update and click update now, I get a "ding" like an error tone. Same thing happens when I update a single account and click Update Now - "Ding"....

I've been curious about the Ding also. For me, it began with the most recent program update, I believe.

But now I'm having the OSU problem, but only with EWC accounts.
  • dougwowens
    dougwowens Member ✭✭
    One step update not working... starts then stalls out. no update.
  • VMC
    VMC Member ✭✭
    same with all my accounts... splits evaporating, memorized transactions not holding their accounts, etc.. just a mess
  • DisplacedHoosier
    DisplacedHoosier Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes - Quicken needs to get their act together. Many of us are losing patience. In recent months I "rarely" complete a OSU unscathed...
  • Brad Clark
    Brad Clark Member ✭✭
    Just tried updating my accounts, and received a "Quicken Cloud is temporarily unavailable" error message. Based on messages in this string, this appears to be an issue that's been occurring for several days. Like all of us, I hope it gets resolved quickly.
  • Rich R
    Rich R Member ✭✭
    Quicken Cloud seems to be down. So much for high-availability :(
  • Chat support seems to be down too. Seems like many of Quicken's cloud servers are down, but that's just speculation on my part.
  • Probably a good time to update a local backup.
  • VMC
    VMC Member ✭✭
    one step update not working at all. transactions from one institution with many accounts not accurately getting all updates. Also downloaded transactions are no longer matched to entries already in account registers, I have to "match to downloaded transaction" for everything now. This program gets worse with each update... very sad
  • mweinberg98
    mweinberg98 Member ✭✭
    Same here And getting the "ding" too. Brokerage accounts worked. Credit cards do not.
  • DavidSmith
    DavidSmith Member ✭✭✭
    same here. so frustrating
  • Tried to call premium support after chat support failed, but of course premium support--which I pay for--is so premium that it is closed on weekends.
  • Grunder
    Grunder Member ✭✭
    Same here - getting the "ding" - takes forever to update. MUST have something to do with the most recent "update"...
  • agassed
    agassed Member
    I notice that "critical" posts are quick to be removed from this thread, but no official response about why updates are not working....
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021 Answer ✓
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to leave your feedback. There are several different issues being reported on this post and I want to clarify which issues have been acknowledged and which I need more details on first. 

The bell or ding sound has been reported and a ticket has been opened, please see the discussion below to learn more.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7886786/after-updating-to-r31-5-i-now-hear-an-error-type-ding-sound

If you are experiencing a CC-501 error, please allow 24-48 hours before attempting to update once more, this error is often temporary. If you continue to experience trouble after 48 hours, please see the information here to contact support.

The original topic of this discussion is regarding slowness when running a One Step Update. If you are experiencing any other issues, I would recommend using the search bar to search the Community for a similar discussion or create a new post with additional details for better visibility.

UPDATE:

Thank you all for reporting this issue, this has been reported to our engineers and they are working towards a solution. Please visit the alert at the link below for more details.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7888650/new-2-13-21one-step-update-latency/p1?new=1

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • agassed
    agassed Member
    R31.12 build 27.1.31.12. Updates worked yesterday, updated today and updates broke immediately after. This is the reason I wince every time there is an update. This is not the first or even third time an update broke Quicken. This is a critical app, and it seems that it is almost always having issues after an update. I get the ding sound, download failures, quicken freezing up, everything thats already been mentioned here.
  • Bill West
    Bill West Member ✭✭✭
    Same issues here: As of 10:42 mountain time 2/13/2021, a couple of bank (checking/savings) accounts and American Express successfully updated BUT other credit cards have not.

In addition, CC-501 continues on all Citibank accounts as it has since last week with no resolution even though that alert is no longer visible.
  • Bill West
    Bill West Member ✭✭✭
    BTW- I'm on Quicken R31.12 Build 27.1.31.12, have tried resetting the accounts with CC 501 for several days with no resolution.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited February 2021
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have reported this issue to our Development and Product teams this morning and just received notice that the issue should be resolved now. If you don't mind, could you please close and relaunch Quicken and try again to verify whether or not the resolution was successful?

Please, check back and let us know how it goes! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.