cannot find cannot open quicken 2017 entries - i have both quicken 2017 and 2021

marian
marian Member
cannot find cannot open quicken 2017 entries - i have both quicken 2017 and 2021

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I'm sorry, your statement isn't clear about what you're trying to do and what problem you're having.

You have both Quicken 2017 and the current Quicken programs, right? You you have the data files for each? Data files for Quicken 2017 end with ".quicken2017" while the current program's data files end with ".quicken". Are you having trouble finding your data files? Or what is the problem you're having?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • marian
    marian Member
    when i open the file "quicken 2017", I just get 2 months data, the rest of the year does not appear with the open file. I cannot scroll up or down off the opening screen.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I'm sorry, but many things still aren't clear from your short posts. When you write about opening "the file Quicken 2017", are you talking about the Quicken program/application, or about a Quicken 2017 data file? It's possible you have more than one Quicken 2017 data file on your Mac, and you've somehow opened an old one. It's also possible you have some filter set in your register which is limiting what you see.

You mention inability to scroll on the opening screen, but you didn't indicate what screen you're seeing. (Quicken re-opens whatever you were viewing the last time the program was running; there is no single "opening screen".)

You also mention that you have the current Quicken Mac version, so it's not clear why you're trying to open your Quicken 2017 program or data.

In order for people on this forum to be able to help you, you're going to need to provide more information. Take a deep breath, take your time, don't assume we know anything about your computer's set-up, and explain what you have, what you're trying to accomplish, what steps you're taking, and what difficulties you're running into. :smile:

Alternatively, you might find it easier to contact Quicken Support. The phone support representative have the ability to screen-share your Quicken, so you might find it easier to show someone your problem than to try to type it out in detail here. (Phone support is closed today due to the holiday; they're otherwise open 8 am-8 pm Eastern time Monday-Friday.)

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.