is there anyway to make quicken not auto match downloads to items in register?

items are now auto matched to items in register without me accepting them. I want to be able to accept or edit and match like I could before latest update.

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turn off "auto accept" in Edit->Preferences

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
  • lakemann
    lakemann Member ✭✭
    Mine is set like this. It just changed by itself. I have even uninstalled and reinstalled and it does the same.
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Set like what?  Can you clarify or post an image? 
    Also, when you say matched, do you mean entered into the register (auto add to register) or just showing as matched to a manually entered transaction.  If it's the later, you can un-match it before accepting if your preferences are set correctly.

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2023

• lakemann
    lakemann Member ✭✭
    When I download the transactions go directly to my registrar. Then it tell me it is complete. It does not show me the transactions. I have to look at each registrar to see if anything downloaded. I do not get to accept them or edit to match to another item in my registrar. I have always been able to do that before this latest update. None of my settings have been changed. In one step update it is set to not enter them into the registrar but for me to review them.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Please provide the full name of the financial institution and the connection method being used: open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + E and select the Online Services tab.

I have had the same issue with our Fidelity CMA for many years.  I am not aware of any viable work around.

• lakemann
    lakemann Member ✭✭
    It does it on all may accounts. They are all set for express web connect.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @lakemann

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue. We are seeing reports of various issues with matching and we are currently investigating these reports further.

If you have not done so already, please open Quicken and navigate to Help > Report a Problem and report this issue using this form.

This report will be used to investigate and research this issue further. 

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • lakemann
    lakemann Member ✭✭
    I fixed mine by deleting the downloads and then redoing downloading for each account. Then just erased my online and app data and reinstalling it. Now everything is back to working right. I think my problem came from when the update moved everything to your new improved site.
  • lakemann
    lakemann Member ✭✭
    Well it only worked until you have a download with a transaction then the next time it is back to it just downloads them and either matches or just enters them and the update says you had no items downloaded.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I can reproduce this problem.  The requirements are:
    1. Using Automatic Transaction Entry mode.
    2. Using Express Web Connect, using QCS connection method.
    3. Entering a transaction that will be downloaded and matched.
    Since I don't usually use QCS connection method for my one Express Web Connect account (because of all the problems with such a connection, and I don't want my transactions "synced to the cloud") this procedure uses a manual entry account that is then linked to an online account.

Setup:
    1. Create new data file.  Don't link to mobile/web (note this probably will happen too if the user is using mobile/web, but I rather just test this with Express Web Connect/QCS.)
    2. Make sure that you select: Edit -> Preferences -> Downloaded transactions -> Automatically add to banking registers.
    3. Create an offline account with the same type of the account you will be linking to.  In my case this is a credit card account.
    4. Find a transaction from the online account that you know will download when you link the account.  Get its date and amount.
    5. Enter a transaction with this date and amount into the register.
    6. Select the Add Account icon, and proceed add this online account and link it to the account created above.
    In my case I put in a transaction for 2/20/2021 Test $22.00.

Here is the result:

It should have "New Match" not be blank like it has already been reviewed.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I tried the above procedure with Mobile/Web sync on, and it is even worse.

Not only do you have the one where it has blanked out when it should be New Match because it matched the 2/20/2021 Test $22.00 transaction, but you have all the other transactions marked as "New Match" when in fact I never matched them to any manual entry.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.