Menu are completely white, not updating

Several times in the last day, the menus in quicken have gone completely white. I can still select items, but I don't know what they are. Dialogs completely white too. If I kill the process and restart, its OK for awhile. I'm running R31.12 build 27.1.31.12

Comments

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Hi @Andy Howell,

It sounds like you are referring to the drop-down menus - is that correct?  Are you having any similar problems with any other applications that have drop-down menus?

Have you tried restarting your computer and Quicken to see if the problem continues/disappears?

Which version of Windows are you running?  Are you using LARGE fonts?

Get back to me and we'll go from there.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Andy Howell
    Andy Howell Member ✭✭
    Frank. Yes, the drop down menues. I'm running Windows 10. I'm not using large fonts. I tried those and they really messed up the layout. I wish quicken would allow scalable fonts. Its really showing its age. As am I, since its hard to see the small fonts!

I was able to exit and restart OK. Its happened 3 or 4 times now. I'm making backups regularly, as I've spent a week manually entering statements and reconciling. It had been a couple years since I used Quicken. Online updates generally only covered the last few months.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Andy Howell

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

Being that the issue you are experiencing can have multiple causes-- It may be best for you to contact Quicken Support instead as you may need extensive troubleshooting done in order to have this successfully resolved. They also have the ability to screen share with you (if you feel comfortable doing so) and will be better equipped to help you accomplish and set up what you need.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• Andy Howell
    Andy Howell Member ✭✭
    Francisco, thanks for the reply. It has not happened in several days. If it reoccurs, I will contact support.
This discussion has been closed.