Vanguard OL-220-A errors - started 2/17/21

elvee
elvee Member ✭✭✭
I just went through all the steps outlines in the fix posted on the Known Problems page. It did not work. I was stopped at the Refresh step once all the updating was completed.

When I try to reset an account it fails with the same OL-220-A error and I get a failure box that says Quicken could not complete the account request.

Please update us on the resolution process.

Thank you.

Best Answer

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

The OL-220 error with Vanguard has been resolved and Users should no longer encounter this error when adding/updating accounts.

Some Users however, are reporting that they are now receiving a OL-293 or OL-362 error.

The OL-293 is an ongoing error that we have an open escalation with our service providers and the financial institution.  Our teams are continuing to investigate this error and ask that any User who receives a OL-293 that is not cleared by running the One Step Update again or the Update Now option and is willing to assist in the open investigation, to please create a new post reporting the error.

For more information and to follow the ongoing Alert for this specific error, please visit here.

For Users experiencing a OL-362-A error, please review the information and troubleshooting steps available here.

We will also be closing this long-running post for new comments and ask if you are still receiving a OL-220 error, to please create a new post to report the issue.

Thank you,

Sarah

Answers

• n0rg
    n0rg Member
    THANKS! I can't answer you as I am having issues with Vanguard - Quicken. I found out by Google that Quicken only accepts up to 16 characters. OK, I regenerate, update and STILL, no matter what password I use, Quicken craps all over it. Getting real frustrated now!!!
  • System
    System Member admin
    This discussion was created from comments split from: My accounts are not updating with Web Express. I need help?.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @n0rg

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. Are you trying to connect a new account to Quicken or an existing accounts? Currently we are experiencing issues with Vanguard that may be the reason you're having difficulty but if we could get some more details we can see if that is the case.  

Once you have the chance please let us know more details and we'll what else we can find.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• iusdcm1
    iusdcm1 Member ✭✭
    Anyone suddenly getting OL-220A error on quicken update today? It worked fine last night.
  • taffeys
    taffeys Member ✭✭✭
    Yes, I am experiencing exactly the same problem with two Vanguard accounts this morning. Both updated with no problem last evening.

Quicken Subscription Deluxe Version R54.16 Build 27.1.54.16
    Windows 11 Pro x64 Version 21H2 Build 22000.2538

• DisplacedHoosier
    DisplacedHoosier Member ✭✭✭✭
    I am also getting the same error OL-220-A on all my Vanguard accounts.
  • Ron Hersch
    Ron Hersch Member ✭✭
    Vanguard Brokerage Accounts- Unable to update since this morning. Returning error OL-220A
  • taffeys
    taffeys Member ✭✭✭
    Fix posted does not solve the problem. Errors with "Quicken is unable to complete your request." (OL-220-A)

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fix didn't work for me either.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • DisplacedHoosier
    Does not work for me either. Please clarify the exact steps that we need to take to resolve this issue.
  • iusdcm1
    iusdcm1 Member ✭✭
    Fix does not work for me either.
  • davidsh
    davidsh Member ✭✭
    I have been getting similar errors for a couple months that always included the "try again" link in the results screen. Trying again seemed to work. Then for a while the problem went away. As of yesterday, it's back as elvee described. Except now there is no "try again link."

QUICKEN: Please provide a meaningful update on this problem. Are you working with Vanguard to resolve this? Yes or No?
  • iusdcm1
    iusdcm1 Member ✭✭
    Did anyone get this to work?
  • billdsmith
    billdsmith Member ✭✭
    I followed the instructions provided by Quicken Sarah in "UPDATED 2/17/21 Vanguard Returns OL-220 Error" (https://www.quicken.com/support/what-do-if-my-bank-not-listed-quicken-or-if-my-bank-was-recently-added-quicken) and have received the same error.
  • billdsmith
    billdsmith Member ✭✭
    > @billdsmith said:
    > I followed the instructions provided by Quicken Sarah in "UPDATED 2/17/21 Vanguard Returns OL-220 Error" (https://www.quicken.com/support/what-do-if-my-bank-not-listed-quicken-or-if-my-bank-was-recently-added-quicken) and have received the same error.

Interestingly, I maintain 2 family members accounts in Quicken. One Quicken account is having the issue and the other is not.
  • pcmaven
    pcmaven Member ✭✭
    I am having same problem as well. Is ANYONE working on this????
  • cyberphile
    cyberphile Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    FWIW, I noticed this problem this morning and called the Helpdesk at about 8:13AM Pacific time.  The rep said they were already working on it.  Later in the day I saw the notice on this board about a fix. I tried it and that problem went way (identified by the error message 
    20210217 08:18:21: Parse error. Current object: Null Object
    in the Connection log).  Note that there has been another ongoing problem with Vanguard that you may now be running into.  It is characterized by the message

20210217 19:17:16: We’re sorry, the server is experiencing an internal error. Try again now, or wait and try later.
    in the Connection log.

I recommend checking your Connection log to see what error message is reported.

• DisplacedHoosier
    Still no luck getting this to work! I even tried with a new data file and still get the OL-220-A error. Walked through all the fixes in the support team post.

PLEASE QUICKEN TEAM! Help your customers! Vanguard is the most widely used investing platform and these ongoing problems are a major black eye that will cause some of us to just walk away.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Works for me this morning.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Dan18
    Dan18 Member ✭✭
    I have 4 family accounts at Vanguard. One worked but 3 errored out. I tried the fix and it worked for one of the 3 accounts once about 8 am. Tried the fix for the other 2 accounts but it did not work and the one account the ran about 8 am is now erroring out again when I tried to update all. Also the one account that is working now has been erroring out daily when I run One Step Update but always worked when I ran Try Again. Now it is the only one working properly in One Step Update. Something is still amiss.
  • taffeys
    taffeys Member ✭✭✭
    This morning I successfully reactivated online services of my Vanguard accounts (by going to Tools, Account List, Account, Edit, Online Services, Set up Now).

• DisplacedHoosier
    My accounts also seem to be successfully downloading this morning. Quicken must have changed something, so Kudos to those who have resolved this issue. Thank you for your work on this.
  • iusdcm1
    iusdcm1 Member ✭✭
    Mine works now too.
  • Followed the recommendation in the Alert of 02/17/2021.

It made absolutely no difference.

Still getting OL-220-A error.

Vanguard is one of the largest financial institutions in the country. How can Quicken allow this to happen ?
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited February 2021
    I have two sets of account logins. One set will work but not both.  Using the fix will sometimes get one to work but then breaks the other set.

Adding- It looks like only one set will work per session.  If I open Quicken and run Update Now from the account register, the download is successful.  If I immediately try the second set account using Update Now from its register it fails.  If I close Quicken, then Open it and run Update Now from the failed account register, it is successful.

Vanguard Quicken still don't have the session cookie issue resolved for 2 sets of account logins in the same data file.  The fix has taken a step backward. Try Again was much easier to resolve than having to close and reopen Quicken to get both sets of logins to download.
  • Dan18
    Dan18 Member ✭✭
    I tried as described by markus1957 and it worked for me. Running One Step Update one account works and 3 fail. Logging out of Quicken and then back in and running one login at a time works fine. If you try to run a 2nd login group without logging out and back in it fails. I have had 4 login groups for various reasons for at least 15+ years and have never had this problem until recently.
  • RobHH
    RobHH Member ✭✭
    Same problems here. Followed the instructions and didn't work. Deactivated online services for the account and now wont let me add it back.
  • JayF
    JayF Member ✭✭
    I first received the error 02/18/2021 at 10:29am Mountain Time. I created a brand new quicken file to test the "fix", because I didn't want to risk corrupting my "Live" file.

I followed the instructions at: https://www.quicken.com/support/what-do-if-my-bank-not-listed-quicken-or-if-my-bank-was-recently-added-quicken and tried to add my Vanguard account to the new QDF file. After I entered my user ID and password, I got a blank popup with no options and Quicken was stuck. Couldn't close the popup or Quicken icon from the task bar. Had to invoke Task Manager to End the Quicken Task.

I made a copy of Live file and tried the fix. No Help.
  • Txbabs
    Txbabs Member ✭✭
    Same story. Followed steps as described, but error persists.
  • JayF
    JayF Member ✭✭
    I first received the error 02/18/2021 at 10:29am Mountain Time.

I created a brand new quicken file to test the "fix", because I didn't want to risk corrupting my "Live" file.

I followed the instructions at: https://www.quicken.com/support/what-do-if-my-bank-not-listed-quicken-or-if-my-bank-was-recently-added-quicken and tried to add my Vanguard account to the new QDF file. After I entered my user ID and password, I got a blank popup with no options and Quicken was stuck. Couldn't close the popup or Quicken icon from the task bar. Had to invoke Task Manager to End the Quicken Task.

I made a copy of my Live QDF file and tried the fix. No Help. Still getting OL-220 from Vanguard as of 02/18/2021 11:43 MST
This discussion has been closed.