Unable to download transactions for TD Bank

I am trying to manually download a QFX file from by TD Bank credit card. I am able to download the file successfully but when I try to import it into Quicken I repeatedly get an error stating:
Quicken is unable to complete your request.[OL-221-A]

[OL-221-B]

I've never run into this before. The QFX files appear to be normal and not corrupted. Anyone else experiencing the same issue or have suggestions?

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @jerryrs

Thank you for the response and the additional details. If you have not done so already, I would next try the remaining steps in the article if you have not done so already.

https://www.quicken.com/support/web-connect-troubleshooting

If you are still experiencing this issue after trying all applicable steps. It is likely that there is an issue with the QFX file itself. You will need to contact your bank to resolve this issue.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @jerryrs,

Can you tell us which versions of both Windows and Quicken you are currently running?  Also is this your first instance of downloading via the Web Connect method for this account, or have you successfully completed this process for this account recently?

Get back to us and we'll go from there.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• jerryrs
    jerryrs Member ✭✭
    Sure. Windows 10 Home, version 20H2, Build 19042.804.
    Quicken Premier 2020, ver R31.12, Build 27.1.31.12

I have been able to successfully complete the web connect process manually before by downloading the qfx transactions from the bank website.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @jerryrs

I searched, but did not find any reports of these error codes with respect to TD Bank.  However, more generally, these was information that the "date range" that is selected can cause these problems.  It is suggested that when downloading a file, you should not accept the "default date range" - "all history" but, rather should use/select a specific date range before downloading the file.

The genreral/standard guidance suggests that the likely cause is a problem with the downloaded file.  The full guidance is located here LINK, however the most relevant guidance is as follows:

Let me know if you have any followups, and if this guidance enabled you to fix this issue.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• jerryrs
    jerryrs Member ✭✭
    I'm not sure if this helps. My date and time are set correctly. The date range I am downloading is simply for transactions for my last statement.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @jerryrs

Thank you for the response and the additional details. If you have not done so already, I would next try the remaining steps in the article if you have not done so already.

https://www.quicken.com/support/web-connect-troubleshooting

If you are still experiencing this issue after trying all applicable steps. It is likely that there is an issue with the QFX file itself. You will need to contact your bank to resolve this issue.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.