Webconnect not working

A sometime in January after I installed an update my one step update stopped working properly. I have two accounts Discover Card and Fidelity which update when I click update but everything else does not. When I run the scheduled update with my webconnect accounts nothing gets updated. I need to go into my bank and download the transactions inorder to update them. It does not always work either.
I want to sign on to quicken click the "One Step Update" and have all my account updated. Is that so hard to accomplish!
Also I get errors during cloud sync and have no ability to fix or know why the transaction is wrong.

Best Answer

• studpup
    studpup Windows Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    I believe this alert was resolved 2/23. https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7889057/new-2-19-21-one-step-update-delays-followed-by-cc-501-error

If you're continuing to have problems, maybe reach out to quicken.com/support so they can troubleshoot your specific connection.

sidebar: f4+about quicken works for me (21.1.32.10) It's occasionally useful as a diagnostic tool, but its not some kind of secret solution. In fact, what it usually tells me is it's not the quicken server and the bank will need to resolve it.

@collimaw
    To change from express web connect to web connect, you just deactivate the account (control-shift-E, online services tab, deactivate), then set it up as web connect as explained here. Since the websites vary from bank to bank, you'll have to figure out how to do it with yours.
    https://www.quicken.com/support/web-connect-troubleshooting
    The disadvantage of web connect is you have to sign into your bank's website any time you want update your account in quicken.

wags Glad to be here!

Answers

• studpup
    Try clicking on One Step Update, type your password, but don't press Enter, but rather click on Settings. That brings up a list of the accounts that will be updated. Make sure there's a checkmark next to your bank and/or all other accounts that you want updated. Then click Apply to save your selection.

To reset your cloud data, https://help.quicken.com/display/WIN/Reset+all+my+data+on+the+Quicken+Cloud
    If that doesn't work, go ahead and log out and back in with your Quicken ID. Preferences/Quicken ID, click sign in as a different user, then sign back in with the same credentials.

wags Glad to be here!

• Thank you for refreshing my memory on the reload of the cloud. However,
    I do know how the One Step Update works, I have been using it religiously for over 20 years.... all but two accounts are set up as Express Web Connect those two accounts get processed the others do not. I have used the scheduled update but I get same results. I have recently deactivated the accounts and set them up again with the same results. I now need to go into the bank and manually download the transactions to Quicken. Something was changed in the January updates that caused this to stop. I know because I run it daily and it stopped working towards the end of January.
  • You MUST fix this screen. One Step Update hangs often on the “Web Connect” portion of the routine. The new screen does not show progress, so one has to wait several minutes to see if it is hung up. THEN you must use Task Manager to exit the program and start over. This is not acceptable. Please return to the previous progress screen.
  • studpup
    Sorry the problem has been going on so long.

So it's just the EWC accounts aren't updating? Try Edit / Preferences / Quicken ID and Cloud Accounts, click sign in as different user and type yes. Then sign back in with the same account and password, and retry your One Step Update.

wags Glad to be here!

• studpup
    edited February 2021
    It looks like updates is having problems for everyone.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7889057/new-2-19-21-one-step-update-delays-followed-by-cc-501-error

Maybe wait until the all clear is posted, or try switching to FDS for the day (just tested, its working fine)

wags Glad to be here!

• I do not get the error, cc-501. I do notice 1 of my 12 accounts does update because it has a lot of transactions the other accounts do not but they too have not updated because of this I had trouble reconciling January. I will wait to see if there is a fix.
  • ssaslow
    ssaslow Member
    Having same issues. Talked to someone in chat who had me deactive/reactivate one of the accounts not syncing. This will not solve the problem though
  • collimaw
    collimaw Member
    Did that and it did not work.... I have tried all possible combinations and it is not working.... Express Web Connect is not downloading transactions when running One Step Update , scheduling the update or running out of quicken manually. It will only download when I sign into the account and run the quicken download and manually upload. It indicates the last download was Feb. 21 and I download daily nor can I change it from express web connect to web connect.

It broke someone at Quicken needs to fix it. I have been and IT Analyst in Finance for 42 years + and I know when something is broken.
  • studpup
    Sorry reactivating the account didn't work, the next best step would be to chat or call with https://www.quicken.com/support and they'll guide you through collecting log files and can see what's going on. Phone support is closed today, but chat is available (estimated 6 minute wait at the moment).

wags Glad to be here!

• ToddStowell
    ToddStowell Member ✭✭
    This is still an ongoing issue. I cannot believe Quicken has yet to release an update to fix this problem.
  • GN6
    GN6 Member
    Having the same issue. I do not have the option to change tro a different "channel with the F4 plus Help and about quicken.

Any update on fixing this issue?
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    GN6 said:
    Having the same issue. I do not have the option to change tro a different "channel with the F4 plus Help and about quicken.

Any update on fixing this issue?

Hi @GN6 ,

That option was removed but not documented as being removed.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• studpup
    Answer ✓
    I believe this alert was resolved 2/23. https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7889057/new-2-19-21-one-step-update-delays-followed-by-cc-501-error

If you're continuing to have problems, maybe reach out to quicken.com/support so they can troubleshoot your specific connection.

sidebar: f4+about quicken works for me (21.1.32.10) It's occasionally useful as a diagnostic tool, but its not some kind of secret solution. In fact, what it usually tells me is it's not the quicken server and the bank will need to resolve it.

@collimaw
    To change from express web connect to web connect, you just deactivate the account (control-shift-E, online services tab, deactivate), then set it up as web connect as explained here. Since the websites vary from bank to bank, you'll have to figure out how to do it with yours.
    https://www.quicken.com/support/web-connect-troubleshooting
    The disadvantage of web connect is you have to sign into your bank's website any time you want update your account in quicken.

wags Glad to be here!

This discussion has been closed.