Adding transactions without changing the balance?

Options
KSO
KSO Member ✭✭
I've been able to download checking transaction from 3 months back, and import a QFX file from the same account for 3 years back. Now I'd like to move the latter transactions to the former downloaded checking transactions, without changing the balance of the account, which is correct. The transactions to be added, in other words, are already calculated in the current, correct balance, so I'd like to add the 3 years of transactions without the balance being affected at all.

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If you have a Live Opening Balance in the this account, Quicken will automatically keep the current balance and change the opening balance transaction to do so. (But just in case: write down the current, accurate balance before you add the transactions, so you can manually adjust the opening balance to get back to the correct current balance if need be.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You need to change, by an appropriate net amount, the "Opening Balance" in the target account to make that work.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If you have a Live Opening Balance in the this account, Quicken will automatically keep the current balance and change the opening balance transaction to do so. (But just in case: write down the current, accurate balance before you add the transactions, so you can manually adjust the opening balance to get back to the correct current balance if need be.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • KSO
    KSO Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you all. Transactions merged and balance accurate.
This discussion has been closed.